• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Bud is owned by InBev and the Busch family is little more than hangers-on.

And it sounds from his letter that he's one of the "guns are only about hunting" crowd.

Yep. InBev has slowly, but surely been decreasing its charitable presence in the St Louis area ever since the purchase. They have been pulling support for sports venues, cutting budgets in racing, dropping community program support etc, and pushing profits overseas.

Old man Busch is only a figurehead.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Budweiser lost my patronage because they make crap beer.

Come on guys, we have a ton of fantastic Indiana breweries, big and small. Drink local. :40oz:

Also, the "guns are for hunting" crowd are idiots.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    This is why I've been investing in local brewers here in Indiana. And they are MUCH better beers anyway.

Sun King

Triton Brewery

Three Floyds

Big Woods

Upland

All brewed in Indiana and are much better beers by far than the swill coming from Anhesuser Busch for the last few years.

USMC-FF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    This is why I've been investing in local brewers here in Indiana. And they are MUCH better beers anyway.

Sun King

Triton Brewery

Three Floyds

Big Woods

Upland

All brewed in Indiana and are much better beers by far than the swill coming from Anhesuser Busch for the last few years.

Flat 12 is pretty good as well. Indiana has got some rocking microbreweries now. Use to go to Michigan for good microbrew, but i think Indiana has some of the best beer now.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    It took him resigning from the NRA for you to realize he's a dirt bag? Not the fact that he has gotten away with murder(possibly just manslaughter), running from the cops, and his daddy bailing him out on multiple occasions? And him buying his way out of just about every bad situation he put himself in? Coupled with the fact that Anheiser Busch (Prior to being bought by InBev) was and I am sure they still are, a horrible unscrupulous company that would use it's money and sway over distributors to give their products more/better shelf space in the stores. Even going so far as openly threatening distributors at meetings. But it took someone whom is now just a board member (formerly CEO), resigning from the NRA for you to lose taste in their product?

I have boycotted AB for a long time now. And was actually glad when InBev bought them, I was hoping they would kick the Busch's out of the company completely, but alas they didn't.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    After reading his letter, it is perfectly clear that he hasn't a clue as to what the 2nd Amendment is about. I wonder why he even joined the NRA in the first place if this is his limited power of reasoning.

I agree with everyone else. Where does everyone get the idea that the majority of NRA members or the majority of gun owners want or approve of universal background checks? They have been drinking the media's and the presidential kool-aid again.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Busch is just another Fudd we don't need in an organization that defends civil rights as a part of it's mission.

Good riddance!

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I just bought a 12 pack of bud a couple days ago so I guess it will be my last. I have been drinking it for 35 years but I guess even an old dog can learn a new trick. I've tried Coors and Miller but did not much like them. I need a good canned beer to take with me when I am fishing. I am open to suggestions.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008

Sun King

Triton Brewery

Three Floyds

Big Woods

Upland

Look up Planetary Brewery - in Greenwood. Relatively new. Quite small. They have a 4-styles-at-a-time rotation. Something different every few weeks.

-J-

Top Bottom