• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Since I regretted letting my second 3" go last time, I ordered another as well as two RB 4" ones. Plan is to keep the better and sell the other but who knows, a Md 10 .38 spl in every room of the house has a certain panache.

Wow, barely 24 hours and they have been delivered to my FFL. I am off to J&S to pick them up.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    That's a pretty sweet deal. Would these revolvers be a good test run for a first timer at restoring the blueing on gun? I wouldn't mind learning how to do it, but I sure don't want to do it on something that has to look nice or cost a lot of money.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    That's a pretty sweet deal. Would these revolvers be a good test run for a first timer at restoring the blueing on gun? I wouldn't mind learning how to do it, but I sure don't want to do it on something that has to look nice or cost a lot of money.

It would be a great gun for re-bluing!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Picked up the two Md 10-11 4" revolvers and the 10-5 3"

picture.php

Actions on all three are very tight. Clearly examples of "carried often, shot little". On the 4" models, typical holster wear on both sides of the muzzle and on the left side near the middle of the barrel. Some very, very light pitting in spots but nothing bad. Both need to be cleaned but whichever I keep will make a great range gun. At less than $350 OTD, a great value.

The 3" 10-5 is not as nice finish wise as the one I got last year but is also mechanically strong and tight. The right side is a little rougher than the left as can be seen below. I am kind of happy about that since I plan to do a bench grinder conversion to a round butt and have it re-finished.

picture.php

Can't wait to shoot them though. Most every K-frame .38 I've has easily shot a 3" group at 20 yds.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Snorko, they look pretty decent! What's the mark on the 3" above the trademark?

These are police turn ins from the Victoria, Australia PD. Since they came straight back to S&W, there is no re-import mark. What you see above the trademark is an inventory control sticker. Some folks leave them on as they are part of the "history" of the revolver.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Just got a square butt in. I love it. Gonna shoot it today. Love the heft these guns have

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    On the S&W forum I read that these were likely not issued to officers but were "station guns". These would have been checked out at the beginning of a shift and then returned, likely just piled up in a locker. Explains the shallow but prevalent scratches/finish wear.

Top Bottom