• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Nope, we can handle everything over the phone and email.
    I assume it's still good to come down and pick up though (at least for this first one), as I'm going to lean on you a bit to help me get it all installed and make sure it's good. As soon as I hear you have the Obsidian 9 on the way/in and we get the paperwork going, I plan to order the trilug parts we discussed and hopefully have them to bring down. I'm sure this stuff is easy, but I'm not always the most mechanically inclined and would rather have the peace of mind that it's installed correctly on my Scorpion.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    341   0   1
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I assume it's still good to come down and pick up though (at least for this first one), as I'm going to lean on you a bit to help me get it all installed and make sure it's good. As soon as I hear you have the Obsidian 9 on the way/in and we get the paperwork going, I plan to order the trilug parts we discussed and hopefully have them to bring down. I'm sure this stuff is easy, but I'm not always the most mechanically inclined and would rather have the peace of mind that it's installed correctly on my Scorpion.
    Of course - pickup is ALWAYS an option. Besides, you can shoot it when you pick up the can too. :-)

I have the Obsidian 9s on form right now, and have three left after filling backorders, so if you want one, let me know asap. Thanks !

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Of course - pickup is ALWAYS an option. Besides, you can shoot it when you pick up the can too. :-)

I have the Obsidian 9s on form right now, and have three left after filling backorders, so if you want one, let me know asap. Thanks !
    I thought I already had my name on one since I paid?

what's on form ?

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    One thing I haven't ordered is a 3in1 Rugged wrench, @Aszerigan you mentioned that being a need. If you have any of these for sale, I'd pick one up from you, but if not, I'll look to order one elsewhere (I think you mentioned ebay?)

Also saw some folks say the polymer version wasn't that great and to get aluminum? Thoughts on that?

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I just found out that Andrew knew all of the extras I needed as well, so he got the other pistons, tri lug stuff, etc. on order for me.
    Cool, he and I discussed a bit what to get. Hopefully I ordered the right stuff. Some of those mounts, etc are not cheap.

Before 2 of the 3 legs of the stool were inaccessible (quick, cheap -- the 3rd being quality). Now hopefully the approvals keep coming quick, and we can get quality, so the cheap part is the only part that is unobtanium with NFA.

Last edited:

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    341   0   1
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    One thing I haven't ordered is a 3in1 Rugged wrench, @Aszerigan you mentioned that being a need. If you have any of these for sale, I'd pick one up from you, but if not, I'll look to order one elsewhere (I think you mentioned ebay?)

Also saw some folks say the polymer version wasn't that great and to get aluminum? Thoughts on that?
    Aluminum for sure. And yeah, Ebay generic is probably the cheapest. You'll only ever need one.

Top Bottom