• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I have been wanting to try the XDs 45 and found what I think is a decent deal on GunBroker today so I bit the dust and hit the buy button. I have never bought a gun this way before so I hope it all goes smooth.

I just need to call my FFL and get that arranged.

The seller wants 3.5% for a CC which seems pretty normal (but still sucks) so I think I will get a bank check and mail it.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Can't complain about GB having bought 3 guns from the site. You definitely have to know the value of your desires though. Seen many items selling for more than LGS.

Novabeast69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Congrats. Never had a prob with GB. I would suggest a USPS money order for payment if not wanting to pay w/cc.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    GunBroker can be great. I've used it quite a bit at different times.
    Be sure you always check shipping/handling prices BEFORE you bid.
    In my opinion it is also a good idea to research the seller. GB has a good feedback system for the most part.
    I've made near 100 purchases on GB, not nearly all firearms, but purchases all the same.

The one and ONLY problem I ever had was a sad, and stupid story.

I purchased a used Daisy Red Ryder BB gun for a nephew.
    The ad read that the "firearm" needed to go through an FFL. I "assumed" that this stipulation was a stock disclaimer.
    You know what they say happens when you "assume"?

Anyway, I digress.
    The seller DID insist that this BB gun was a "deadly weapon, and therefore HAD to go through an FFL".
    To top that off, he said he wanted $65 SHIPPING! He said since it was a "firearm" it had to ship overnight.

I told him he was mistaken about a BB gun being a "deadly weapon" to no avail.
    I told him he could ship to my local FFL, but I was NOT going to sit still while he raped me on shipping charges. I told him I would not pay more than $15 shipping, and if he didn't like it he could report me as a "non-paying" bidder.
    My feedback was much better than his.

He finally agreed to ship it U.S.P.S. but INSISTED it go to my FFL.

That was 5 years ago.
    To this very day, my "friendly neighborhood FFL" tells people about my "deadly weapon" transfer.

I like GunBroker. I peruse it entirely too much for my income.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    To bite the dust means to die.

It hit me as soon as I posted that. I thought I could edit it before you responded but you are fast. Funny how you hear what you mean to say and not what you actually wrote sometimes.

It reminds me of this paragraph someone posted on another board a long time ago.

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It hit me as soon as I posted that. I thought I could edit it before you responded but you are fast. Funny how you hear what you mean to say and not what you actually wrote sometimes.

It reminds me of this paragraph someone posted on another board a long time ago.

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

I do it all the time. Auto correct makes it even worse.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm a Gunbroker addict. I've bought several firearms off their site and have never had a problem. With my taste in older milsurp stuff, GB is a good source for me since it's a rare thing that I can find these guns at my LGS, and with the exception of the last Louisville show, the prices have usually been better than at gun shows.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Congrats. Never had a prob with GB. I would suggest a USPS money order for payment if not wanting to pay w/cc.

FWIW, I would highly strongly recommend sticking with a bank check over a USPS money order. I had a seller that said he never received it. I found out at the post office that you have to wait 6 months after the purchase date before they will even allow you to file the paperwork to begin the process of getting a refund! Fortunately, my seller eventually discovered that he had misfiled it before the 6 months was up so I never learned the remainder of the process.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    FWIW, I would highly strongly recommend sticking with a bank check over a USPS money order. I had a seller that said he never received it. I found out at the post office that you have to wait 6 months after the purchase date before they will even allow you to file the paperwork to begin the process of getting a refund! Fortunately, my seller eventually discovered that he had misfiled it before the 6 months was up so I never learned the remainder of the process.

For whatever reason, some sellers will ONLY accept USPS Money Orders. I don't know why that would be preferred over a bank/certified check, but it seems to be at least for some.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I have both bought and sold on GB for years. Never had a bad experience. As others here have said though. It is imperative that you read a sellers details on an item and ask LOTS of questions before you bid.If doing so annoys the seller, then you do not want the item anyway. I have never personally experienced this happening though. If you are the seller make sure you know about your item thoroughly before you try to sell it and NEVER EVER misrepresent an item you are selling. Another gentleman on this thread mentioned using USPS money orders. He is spot on with that advise. That is all I pay with and what I require when I sell anything. All -in-all. It is a great site to buy and sell on. Just my :twocents:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I have only purchased one firearm through Gunbroker. It was a K-31 Swiss rifle and a Curio and Relic, as both the seller and I hold FFL-03 (Curio and Relic) licenses, the transaction went very well. I had not seen a decent K-31 at many gun show and the price was quite reasonable. Rifle was actually nicer than described, so I was a very happy buyer. May buy some more there later.

Top Bottom