• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyParts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Ktown Indiana
    Well, I have been looking around for a AR for a while now and have really just been waiting for the right deal. I finally went today and picked up one. I was told that it was a Bushmaster AR, but was disappointed when I got there to find out that it was actually a Olympic Arms unit. I talked with the seller and got the unit for a really nice price!

The only problem that I see with the gun is cosmetic. It doesn't have any pitting or corrosion but in general just needs to be gone over and blued.

Any suggestions on a place to take it or at home instructions? I am not familiar with dismantling one of these, but I can learn.

Also, can we make this part of the AR build party ;-)

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I am not by no means an AR expert but I do shoot them extreamly well. :D

I have an Oly and have had no problems, but I have only had it month. A lot of people that are "experts" will tell you stay away from them but for the money they can't be all that bad. I heard that there were a few problems long ago, something about the lower receiver but this has been cleared up. Olympic Arms has a lifetime warranty. Olympic Arms, Inc. - Lifetime Warranty.

If I remember correctly I had a one issued to me when I was in the Corps.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Don't be overly concerned with the other people's opinions as long as you feel you have a good deal.

I have a couple of AR's and I would like to have a Colt but I don't. There are those that will tell you that yours is inferior if it is not a Colt.

The guys will show you how to break your rifle down and put it back together again so that you can clean it and shoot it. Feed it decent ammo and you will have a great time shooting it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I will bring it! Any opinions on the Olympic Arms AR's? I am sure that the price was right, but I would like some opinions.

Prior to my unfortunate boating accident on Lake Michigan where I lost my entire gun collection, I had 2 Bushmasters and 2 Olympic Arms (plus multiple of 3 other brands). The Olympic Arms guns were pretty basic, but were go-to guns when I wanted to shoot a lot. Never jam. Never fail. Just good shooters. Oly had a bad reputation that carries on, but I believe it is not deserved today. Several years ago they made "cast" receivers, those gave them a crummy reputation. They stopped those. All the recent guns (last several years) are forged.

The triggers on the Oly guns are better than the Bushmasters by a good margin. The finish on the Oly guns is modest. Everything else is good. If you want a basic gun for shooting, the Oly is a great value gun. :twocents:

Top Bottom