• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Dems won't touch this with a 10ft pole. They're on America's most dislike list right now. They aren't going to stir anything up and screw over potential Senate wins. They'll try to attack it after November 4

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Stand by for another criminals name to be spoken in every household in the country thereby providing the motivation for others losers to follow suit. We won't hear the name of a victim.

TRUTH! Hate to hear about another one of these shootings, but am right there with you...lots of "copy cat" behavior.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Providence medical center: 3 patients with head wounds in critical condition; 4th patient moved to harborview hospital in Seattle

He definitely went for the kill.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    A boy on FNC said it appeared to be a 9 mm. How he knows, no idea. At least it shouldn't stir up the EBR debate.

I was told on this one forum online that the 9mm was too wimpy to kill. :dunno:

Now what was that forums' name......BINGO.....nooo......DINGO....nooo.....:rolleyes:

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Raise your hand if you have never been the victim of "bullying" as defined in 2014 (you know, someone not unconditionally praising you for simply existing).

No one?
    Well, when I was a kid, you went home with cuts and bruises if you were bullied. If you were lucky, so did the bully. People didn't just call you unpleasant names on the internet.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I could be totally wrong, but I think one of the common factors is that so many kids in the last 20 years have never been held accountable for anything, whether it's performing at a competency level in school, doing chores, showing respect for others, etc. There are very few consequences for bad behavior and most place no value on the rewards inherent to good behavior. With no consequences for any of their actions at any point in their short lives, why would they be swayed from ending human lives? When they have some kind of feeling that makes them uncomfortable and they are conditioned to do whatever they feel like doing to numb or attain some instant pleasure. Someone bothers them, why wouldn't they just kill them? Instant results with no fear of repercussions and typically no facility for the concepts of inherent right and wrong are at work. They may not fit the clinical diagnosis of sociopath, but they certainly seem to gravitate toward similar end results.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Wonder why this usually happens in liberal locations?

Yeah, there where bullies when I was in school years ago, they usually wound up getting their asses kicked by an older student, or being told to **** off and never bother the target student again by an older student, nowadays, that "older" student would be suspended or expelled for "threats". I think the vast majority of this kind of garbage we hear about today is a product of the environment they were "schooled" in.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Teens have always felt like the world is against them.

It seems a few more today than in the past believe that they are so important and other's lives are so unimportant that killing is an acceptable response to pain.

Culture of killing for convenience, no eternal significance to life, pushing "love yourself" as the greatest value......never could have seen this "trend" coming.

This "Trend" started a long time ago and is just now becoming manifest. Self esteem, every body gets a trophy just for showing up, I am the center of the universe. This has been "Trending" for a while now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I could be totally wrong, but I think one of the common factors is that so many kids in the last 20 years have never been held accountable for anything, whether it's performing at a competency level in school, doing chores, showing respect for others, etc. There are very few consequences for bad behavior and most place no value on the rewards inherent to good behavior. With no consequences for any of their actions at any point in their short lives, why would they be swayed from ending human lives? When they have some kind of feeling that makes them uncomfortable and they are conditioned to do whatever they feel like doing to numb or attain some instant pleasure. Someone bothers them, why wouldn't they just kill them? Instant results with no fear of repercussions and typically no facility for the concepts of inherent right and wrong are at work. They may not fit the clinical diagnosis of sociopath, but they certainly seem to gravitate toward similar end results.

Longer than that Rhino....longer than that.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    America has a problem with school shootings. It's always schools. How do you stop young people from thinking that walking into a school and shooting their peers is "what disaffected people do"?

Maybe stop putting camera shots on television. It's a copycat problem.
    And yet, you posted a big picture of the crime scene.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Besides, I'm not sure how to expect the media to report on something newsworthy without reporting the who/what/where.

"And tonight at 11, a victim was victimized at a local place by someone."

It's pretty easy. If the parents agree to releasing the victim(s) names then it could go something like this:

"A worthless scumbag shot and injured/killed (insert victims names) at Washington High School today. Local police responded and the cowardly suspect killed himself in typical fashion. This news agency will not reward this waste of flesh by announcing his name out of respect to the victims. We will also refrain from boring you to tears discussing what/who we could possibly blame for his actions. Instead, (please sit down for this next part) we have decided to lay blame square on the shoulders of the guilty party."

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sounding like he killed a girl that turned him down. The "YesAllWomen" hashtag is back out in full force, and sexism is being thrown around as the blame.

Top Bottom