• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    One of the few times anyone has mentioned about being 'uncomfortable', or 'scared' about a gun, I told them they weren't scared.
    Cause if a bear walked in to a restaurant, I would be scared of it.
    And I sure as sh$$ wouldn't walk up to it and wave my arms around and talk to it.
    Exactly.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Some of our so called brethren of the gun have fallen for the trope put out by anti gunners that any mention or display of a firearm is traumatizing…
    A convenient statement.

It would be nice if all it took was for us to stand up, wear the TShirt and argue with the people against guns to keep our 2A.

The fact is, the old way isn’t working. When you have a right without a responsibility, then the masses will eventually screw us all.

As RESPONSIBLE gun owners we must take a stance of professionalism. Unfortunately, what happened at the Statehouse wasn’t about wrong or right. It was about smart and stupid. At the very best, it was stupid to throw gasoline on a fire.

I am proud to have converted many anti gunners into happy ever after gun owners through hard work and education of a Hands On approach on the range.

What do you call a person who hates guns. A fellow human being that votes. With Taylor Swift and other Liberals leading the way, we loose the chance to turn them around by hatred alone.

Laugh at me and this all you want, but if you are under 50 years of age, you will see even more deteriorating rights. I’m actually glad I won’t be around to see how the masses have mucked it up.

Instead of worn out cliches, unscrupulous lobbyists, bad press and in your face rhetoric, we need to fight smarter, not harder.

Thankfully we have some good people working the legislative front but that will not be enough.

Facts are the runaway gun crime stats that neither party will do anything about combined with idiot gun accidents and bad gunowner antics along with money thirsty get rich quick death merchants, all shed a light on how we appear to the public.

We need to shed the Randy Redneck skin and start playing smarter or we just might be shot with our own gun.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You have put forth a question that is only intended to be argumentative, because you really don't want an answer. You just want an excuse to attack.
    Simply more avoiding the question. Let's recap:

1. You said, "This Representative Lucas is not a friend of gun owners by exhibiting this kind of behavior."
    2. I asked, "By exhibiting what kind of behavior, precisely? Please be specific."
    3. You referred me to this response: "It isn't offensive to me, but I am not the targeted audience. Anyone think that Lucas won over anyone there to our side?"
    4. As this response was non-responsive, I said, "You can't describe what specific behavior he exhibited?"
    5. To which you responded, "I didn't say that I was incapable of describing the behavior on the video, you did. If you saw the video, you can describe it."

Two points:

1. At that point, I hadn't said that you were incapable of describing the behavior. You made a straw man out of a false assertion.
    2. You retorted that I should describe the behavior that you found to be problematic.

How am I supposed to do that? Given that a) I didn't find anything about his behavior to be problematic in the first place, and b) I can't see inside your head to speculate regarding what you found to be problematic about his behavior, I can't possibly answer that for you.

And to this point, you still have refused to describe the behavior that you found to be problematic. This is now the third time that you have failed to do so. And instead of doing so, having exhausted straw man and avoidance logical fallacy, you now employ ad hominem logical fallacy, by blaming me for your refusal to explain what you found to be problematic about Lucas' behavior.

You claim that I only want to be argumentative.

I claim that you originally commented without any intent to engage in civil discourse, including without intent to defend your assertion.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    A convenient statement.

It would be nice if all it took was for us to stand up, wear the TShirt and argue with the people against guns to keep our 2A.

The fact is, the old way isn’t working. When you have a right without a responsibility, then the masses will eventually screw us all.

As RESPONSIBLE gun owners we must take a stance of professionalism. Unfortunately, what happened at the Statehouse wasn’t about wrong or right. It was about smart and stupid. At the very best, it was stupid to throw gasoline on a fire.

I am proud to have converted many anti gunners into happy ever after gun owners through hard work and education of a Hands On approach on the range.

What do you call a person who hates guns. A fellow human being that votes. With Taylor Swift and other Liberals leading the way, we loose the chance to turn them around by hatred alone.

Laugh at me and this all you want, but if you are under 50 years of age, you will see even more deteriorating rights. I’m actually glad I won’t be around to see how the masses have mucked it up.

Instead of worn out cliches, unscrupulous lobbyists, bad press and in your face rhetoric, we need to fight smarter, not harder.

Thankfully we have some good people working the legislative front but that will not be enough.
    What did he do that was "stupid"? Well, other than taking the time to have a civil conversation with people who had no real desire to have one.
    Facts are the runaway gun crime stats that neither party will do anything about combined with idiot gun accidents and bad gunowner antics along with money thirsty get rich quick death merchants, all shed a light on how we appear to the public.

We need to shed the Randy Redneck skin and start playing smarter or we just might be shot with our own gun.
    What are these runaway gun crime stats?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    A convenient statement.

Okay, but what does any of this have anything to do with what transpired at the statehouse?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't know. Her parents have discussed it with her. How do you know that it will only get worse?
    Because I have lived long enough to see it first hand. I have watched friends wives struggle to overcome irrational fears that should have been dealt with when they were kids.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You have put forth a question that is only intended to be argumentative, because you really don't want an answer. You just want an excuse to attack.
    You made an accusation but now have no desire to back up your assertion.
    This Representative Lucas is not a friend of gun owners by exhibiting this kind of behavior.
    What “behavior“ exactly is “not a friend of gun owners” in the video?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So, you don't think that people can be won over to our side? How sad.
    The people he was talking with? No. The anti-gun grabbers actively trying to disarm us? No. Fudds that already made up their minds? No. I'm sure there are people that aren't acting as if they fear firearms that have no opinion that could be won over. But those people are likely going to have rational reasoning capabilities and can see facts and not opinions/feelings.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Is Jim Lucas known for his firearms expertise? Does he train with some of you? Is he knowledgeable about the care and handling of firearms? Is he a competitive shooter? Is he an instructor?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Okay, but what does any of this have anything to do with what transpired at the statehouse?

The statehouse isn't really the issue. Anti-gun kids group accosts "one of ours." If that's the way it happened? Or did Jim seek out the group?

Of course, none of the whiny group at the statehouse's minds will be changed. The issue is really how the public perceives "our" representative's actions?

We and everyone else are watching this interaction because the anti's videoed the event and have successfully broadcast the interaction all over the place.

Everyone, friend and foe, is judging "our" representative of the 2A.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Is Jim Lucas known for his firearms expertise? Does he train with some of you? Is he knowledgeable about the care and handling of firearms? Is he a competitive shooter? Is he an instructor?
    Where do you instruct? What ice cream did oBiden have yesterday at 2pm? What does any of this have to do with the topic at hand?

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The statehouse isn't really the issue. Anti-gun kids group accosts "one of ours." If that's the way it happened? Or did Jim seek out the group?

Of course, none of the whiny group at the statehouse's minds will be changed. The issue is really how the public perceives "our" representative's actions?

We and everyone else are watching this interaction because the anti's videoed the event and have successfully broadcast the interaction all over the place.

Everyone, friend and foe, is judging "our" representative of the 2A.
    As I have repeated here over and over, the anti's will take any action or inaction and make it evil. Period. We cannot win this when the enemy doesn't care.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Same question, what was “unprofessional” in the video? What exactly was “throwing gasoline on a fire” (hyperbole much?). An elected official personally demonstrating that professional people can and do carry a gun is good for people to see.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Same question, what was “unprofessional” in the video? What exactly was “throwing gasoline on a fire” (hyperbole much?). An elected official personally demonstrating that professional people can and do carry a gun is good for people to see.
    Oh no.... the evil thing that will mindlessly kill billions on its own with no human interaction must never ever ever be seen.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I watched the whole video. The only thing I take exception to is the rudeness of the students interrupting Jim when he was stating facts and making points and talking over him. Also, feelings don't overrule facts in my opinion.
    They're crybullies. They went there to hunt him down, to confront and antagonize him, and then to do a soccer flop on camera and whine about how his gun traumatized them.

They're babies and deserve to be treated and dismissed like babies.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

1) Jim is pretty vocal and from my perspective open about his lifestyle and being a gun owner. He seems pretty knowledgeable to me.
    2) I have shot with Jim on the range and he is a pretty good shooter.
    3) His gear on the range was in order. Top quality stuff.
    4) I have never seen him at a local competition.
    5) I am not aware of him being a firearms instructor.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    1) Jim is pretty vocal and from my perspective open about his lifestyle and being a gun owner. He seems pretty knowledgeable to me.
    2) I have shot with Jim on the range and he is a pretty good shooter.
    3) His gear on the range was in order. Top quality stuff.
    4) I have never seen him at a local competition.
    5) I am not aware of him being a firearms instructor.
    If I am going to have a law maker in the news speaking and defending things on my behalf, I like to avoid it being like a celebrity spokesperson. Thanks. Makes me more comfortable with him being in the spotlight.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I don't know. I doubt they could be won over by anything anyone could say.

Listening to it, he was having a civil conversation with those people. He showed a lot more patience and civility than many of us would have in that situation. In addition to civil conversation he showed that he was carrying a gun. I am still curious as to what the bad behavior was.

Visibility of a gun is not a bad thing in and of itself.
    You may very well be right, but I always hope that by planting a good seed of education, over time, people can open up to new ideas. I think that that has been a philosophy of the ISRPA. It is that they attempt to educate legislators about guns and gun laws and the consequences of bad laws.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You may very well be right, but I always hope that by planting a good seed of education, over time, people can open up to new ideas. I think that that has been a philosophy of the ISRPA. It is that they attempt to educate legislators about guns and gun laws and the consequences of bad laws.
    It really feels like you are reacting to the story of what happened, rather than what did happen.

Top Bottom