• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    If you're referring to the guys killed in the search for Bergdahl, I'm serious. The circumstances surround their deaths do not appear to be related to his search. I have no why there's an attempt to pin those deaths on him.
    On what information or reports are you basing your opinion? I'm basing my opinion on the testimony of his squadmates and various officers in his Brigade Combat Team.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    On what information or reports are you basing your opinion? I'm basing my opinion on the testimony of his squadmates and various officers in his Brigade Combat Team.

Aug 18 -SSG Clayton Bowen and PFC Morris Walker killed by a roadside bomb. Mother of Bowen was told they were killed providing election security.

Aug 26 - SSG Kurt Curtiss killed supporting Afghan army during an attack

Sept 4 -Lt Darryn Andrews and PFC Matthew Martinek killed by a roadside bomb, the only 2 who parents say they were told by other soldiers that they were killed looking for Bergdahl.

Sept 9 - SSG Michael Murphrey killed by setting up a security camp after spending the day distributing humanitarian aid

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    What also occurred, Bethea wrote in the op-ed, is that American lives were lost in the days following Bergdah’s disappearance as US soldiers searched through warzones heavily concentrated with insurgents, and military resources were diverted towards finding the missing troop, and not the enemy,

“Our battalion suffered six fatalities in a three-week period” following Bergdahl’s alleged walk-off, Bethea wrote. He continued:

“On August 18, an IED killed Private First Class Morris Walker and Staff Sergeant Clayton Bowen during a reconnaissance mission. On August 26, while conducting a search for a Taliban shadow sub-governor supposedly affiliated with Bergdahl’s captors,Staff Sergeant Kurt Curtiss was shot in the face and killed. On September 4, during a patrol to a village near the area in which Bergdahl vanished, an insurgent ambush killed Second Lieutenant Darryn Andrews and gravely wounded Private First Class Matthew Martinek, who died of his wounds a week later. On September 5, while conducting a foot movement toward a village also thought affiliated with Bergdahl’s captors,Staff Sergeant Michael Murphrey stepped on an improvised land mine. He died the next day.”

note; military resources that were diverted due to the search

if you don't understand English, buy a book

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What also occurred, Bethea wrote in the op-ed, is that American lives were lost in the days following Bergdah’s disappearance as US soldiers searched through warzones heavily concentrated with insurgents, and military resources were diverted towards finding the missing troop, and not the enemy,

“Our battalion suffered six fatalities in a three-week period” following Bergdahl’s alleged walk-off, Bethea wrote. He continued:

“On August 18, an IED killed Private First Class Morris Walker and Staff Sergeant Clayton Bowen during a reconnaissance mission. On August 26, while conducting a search for a Taliban shadow sub-governor supposedly affiliated with Bergdahl’s captors,Staff Sergeant Kurt Curtiss was shot in the face and killed. On September 4, during a patrol to a village near the area in which Bergdahl vanished, an insurgent ambush killed Second Lieutenant Darryn Andrews and gravely wounded Private First Class Matthew Martinek, who died of his wounds a week later. On September 5, while conducting a foot movement toward a village also thought affiliated with Bergdahl’s captors,Staff Sergeant Michael Murphrey stepped on an improvised land mine. He died the next day.”

note; military resources that were diverted due to the search

if you don't understand English, buy a book

That creative writing degree is doing Bethea well. Seriously, he's a creative writer.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hardly, I phrased that post to be distasteful on purpose. However I regret going so low simply to make a point. The loss of innocent life is tragic, and yet if is perfectly acceptable to make light of some deaths and not others? Three women and a man were murdered in cold blood a few days ago, and the consensus is that they "had it coming," despite any proof of any criminal actions on their part. Their deaths have devolved into a humor fest about girl scout cookies. Don't admonish me by doing the same.... but at least I'm being intellectally honest, in knowing that it shouldn't be done... ever, to a person who has yet to be proven to be bad person.

Maybe you and I should have this conversation since I made the statement about the 4 murders being about a Girl Scout Cookie debt. This isn't apples to apples, it's an ice cream to Tuesday comparison. There is no comparison to 4 murdered individuals in a ****ty neighborhood in Indianapolis to AT LEAST 6 dead GIs trying to find an individual who walked off the FOB in Afghanistan without a weapon. 5 really bad Taliban were traded for this deserter (I'm an old retired Senior Non-Commissioned Officer, I'll take the word of fellow GIs who were there over that valley girl from the State Dept) for reasons I don't know. Yeah he's innocent until proven guilty, so was TSgt Thomas Mueller, but this doesn't look like a court to me.

Nobody thinks Girl Scout Cookies had anything to do with the deaths of those 4 people. I posted that because YOU seem to be wrapped around the axle about not being drug-related, and a Girl Scout Cookie debt seemed about as likely as the murders not be drug related. Anything that looks like that and wasn't drug-related, should have been. If you choose that path this is how you will meet your demise. The GIs who were killed were on a path chosen by Bergdahl. I didn't know the 6 GIs who were killed looking for Bergdahl, I didn't know the 4 people murdered the other day. Given the choice, I think I'd rather have the GIs as acquaintances.

If you see some moral equivalence between what happened here the other day and what happened in Afghanistan in 2009? You and I have significantly different world-views. If you'd like to discuss this please PM me.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Maybe you and I should have this conversation since I made the statement about the 4 murders being about a Girl Scout Cookie debt. This isn't apples to apples, it's an ice cream to Tuesday comparison. There is no comparison to 4 murdered individuals in a ****ty neighborhood in Indianapolis to AT LEAST 6 dead GIs trying to find an individual who walked off the FOB in Afghanistan without a weapon. 5 really bad Taliban were traded for this deserter (I'm an old retired Senior Non-Commissioned Officer, I'll take the word of fellow GIs who were there over that valley girl from the State Dept) for reasons I don't know. Yeah he's innocent until proven guilty, so was TSgt Thomas Mueller, but this doesn't look like a court to me.

Nobody thinks Girl Scout Cookies had anything to do with the deaths of those 4 people. I posted that because YOU seem to be wrapped around the axle about not being drug-related, and a Girl Scout Cookie debt seemed about as likely as the murders not be drug related. Anything that looks like that and wasn't drug-related, should have been. If you choose that path this is how you will meet your demise. The GIs who were killed were on a path chosen by Bergdahl. I didn't know the 6 GIs who were killed looking for Bergdahl, I didn't know the 4 people murdered the other day. Given the choice, I think I'd rather have the GIs as acquaintances.

If you see some moral equivalence between what happened here the other day and what happened in Afghanistan in 2009? You and I have significantly different world-views. If you'd like to discuss this please PM me.

hats off to you sir.
    :patriot:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

WRONG. I never said it wasn't nor implied it wasn't drug related. Like the rest of you, I DON'T KNOW. However, I not yet ready to condemn these victims who died a horrible death without knowing the facts. You as well as a great many others are completely flippant regarding their deaths, as if it is reasonable to compare such a tragic crime to buying girl scout cookies. Lots of people live in crappy neighborhoods, lots of people with bad histories.... but some of those people have or are trying to turn their lives around. You act like it is simple to avoid that environment, and that once you've tried to get back on track, all the people you used to deal with will magically disappear. Maybe from the comfort of your bubble that how it appears. But you'd be living in a fantasy world.
    I would imagine most people know thieves, liars, bullies, or drug addicts, and I bet that some have even been in people's homes.... typically because they are probably relatives.... or am I the only one the has some relatives that are ****bags? The vices/transgressions they have/did, can very easily be visited upon you. If you fail to recognize that, you've haven't a clue about the world, or your safety.
    So forgive me, if I find it appalling that the deaths of 4 people are being compared to girl scout cookies.

Your right, there's no comparison between the soldiers and the 4 DOAs. The soldiers had guns and could fight back.
    #applesoranges

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    WRONG. I never said it wasn't nor implied it wasn't drug related. Like the rest of you, I DON'T KNOW. However, I not yet ready to condemn these victims who died a horrible death without knowing the facts. You as well as a great many others are completely flippant regarding their deaths, as if it is reasonable to compare such a tragic crime to buying girl scout cookies. Lots of people live in crappy neighborhoods, lots of people with bad histories.... but some of those people have or are trying to turn their lives around. You act like it is simple to avoid that environment, and that once you've tried to get back on track, all the people you used to deal with will magically disappear. Maybe from the comfort of your bubble that how it appears. But you'd be living in a fantasy world.
    I would imagine most people know thieves, liars, bullies, or drug addicts, and I bet that some have even been in people's homes.... typically because they are probably relatives.... or am I the only one the has some relatives that are ****bags? The vices/transgressions they have/did, can very easily be visited upon you. If you fail to recognize that, you've haven't a clue about the world, or your safety.
    So forgive me, if I find it appalling that the deaths of 4 people are being compared to girl scout cookies.

Your right, there's no comparison between the soldiers and the 4 DOAs. The soldiers had guns and could fight back.
    #applesoranges

best deflection yet,

emotional, moral outrage, righteous,

wrong thread though

soldiers here, dirtbags there
    No comparison

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Its not a hot water bottle..... And neither am I....

Ha! I've just been informed what you were talking about. If I was thin skinned, I might take issue with the obvious insult. But I'm not. I'm more shocked that you would out your grandmother's particular issue which offends the olfactory system. I've never actually seen one of those, nor known of someone in need of one.

Top Bottom