• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    With a punitive discharge you lose all VA benefits. GI-Bill requires an honorable DC, but for health benefits (IIRC) only require an administrative DC (honorable, general, or other than honorable conditions.)

And since when does DC Circuit have jurisdiction over Military Courts?
    Know a couple guys who got punitive then went back and got them changed to general. No idea if this pos did that but I can see it happening.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I am worried what we will trade for that other retarded deserter who ran across the dmz to North korea.. what happened to just shooting deserters

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    YHGTBFSM...

Bowe Bergdahl court-martial conviction for Army desertion thrown out by federal judge

And of course...
    In May 2007, Chief Justice John Roberts appointed Judge Walton to serve as a Judge of the United States Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, which is a 7-year appointment, and in February 2013, the Chief Justice elevated Judge Walton to the position of Presiding Judge of that same court.

So basically "judge applied for a different job once" and "Trump talked about it" somehow add up to an unmanageable conflict of interest? Pretty big reach if you ask me.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    YHGTBFSM...

Bowe Bergdahl court-martial conviction for Army desertion thrown out by federal judge

And of course...
    In May 2007, Chief Justice John Roberts appointed Judge Walton to serve as a Judge of the United States Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, which is a 7-year appointment, and in February 2013, the Chief Justice elevated Judge Walton to the position of Presiding Judge of that same court.

I see that the claim was that Judge Nance created a conflict of interest because he had applied for an executive branch job

And there is no conflict of interest influencing this ruling I guess because Walton has already been paid off with promotions

One does wonder how a conviction for desertion, in which the defendant admitted to desertion, can be vacated, though

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My Tourette's flared up pretty good reading that. SCOTUS needs to take this up. I can see why they didn't for Rapey McRaperson, but there is a very slippery slope here. There is no command structure for retirees. UCMJ exists for uniquely Military crimes and to extend the justice system overseas. Who is my Special Court-Martial Authority? Who is my General Court-Martial Authority?
    Politicization? We've seen it in all the other three-letter agencies, why not DoD? It's not chilling 1st Amendment Rights, it's the UCMJ article that sounds a lot like why they Court-martialed Billy Mitchell.

Rant over.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom