• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Any gunsmiths in the Indy area that do brazing or micro welding?

I’ve got a couple of project that need that type of work, but I haven’t found anyone that can do it.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    what are you welding? Big difference between the two -Tig would be my choice.
    I thought there were four ways to Micro, the popular two like you posted are tig and laser.
    For a strait line or a repair that one can see I believe a laser is a better choice. In most cases one doesn't need a filler wire nor a shielding gas.
    Its a neat process for sure.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    So I talked to AllenM and Javelin’s in Brownsburg and neither can do the work I need.

Since several folks asked what I was trying to do, here are the 3 items I wanted done:

1. Braze front sight on a Colt 1872 repro (barrel shortened and recrowned, but no front sight)

2. Braze a front sight on a Black Aces tactical Pro S SBS (13” barrel, and I’d like to run a ghost ring on it, but it has no front sight, not even a bead)

3. Braze/micro weld a cracked tang on a P61 Snider MK II pistol.

Really, none of them a super critical, just more nice to have.

I put a Sig Romeo on the shotgun and Snider pistol is really a longer term project, since I would need the barrel relined and the chamber redone to shoot, but no point in it with a cracked tang.

The 1872 front sight would be really nice though, on my “new” shorty barrel.

Top Bottom