• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drummerGunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2012
    The Haute
    Does anyone else normally stay with one brand of pistol when looking for new/used? Or do you find whatever works for you? I am fairly brand loyal, with exceptions. I love the feel and weight of Sigs, but have looked at other manufactures for ergonomics. Just a question for you all, happy new year (8 days late). First post in a couple of years.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    While I am not brand bound I do like my CZ's. :) If it feels good, shoots good and is reliable, that's what I want.

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    I'm not hardcore brand loyal but I have ended up with more Rugers than any other brand. On the flip side, there are some brands that I'll never buy.

Baba Looey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    I always thought Ruger wheel guns were the best bang for the buck. Not necessarily as pleasing asthetically like Smiths and Colts but built strong. Anything of good quality in semis. 1911's in particular.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My brand loyalties:
    Athletic shoes: Adidas
    Dress Clothes: Ralph Lauren
    Dress shoes: Madden
    Watches: Nixon
    Electronics: Apple, Sony
    Cars: Ford, Nissan
    Motorcycles: Yamaha
    Colleges: SEC, Nebraska approved free agent
    Women: taller than 5'1, shorter than 5'9, 105 to 145lbs
    Dogs: that bite
    Shotguns: Remington
    Pistols: Block
    Rifles: varies
    News: CNN
    Baseball: Braves

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    For myself I go with what I know, and works, which is Glock. It is not normally my first recommendation for someone new to guns, as I try and listen to what their requirements/needs are and make a recommendation based on that. Often I'll recommend an S&W M&P or a Ruger SR to someone before a Glock if they are new. I myself am just ingrained in the Glock trigger, and have a fairly decent investment in the platform.

I have owned many other brands over the last 25 years , and have had several models of Glocks that I no longer still own, however, all but 1 handgun that I currently own is Glock.

It is more out of putting the experience of what I have tried, used, etc to work for me than being brand loyal. Let's call it a preference.

Last edited:

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Brand loyalty... no.
    Brands I won't buy or consider anymore due to negative experience? Yes

I frequently reevaluate my choices and ask myself what motivated me to make a choice.

That being said, my last 4-6 shotguns have been Mossbergs. I have more S&W handguns than anything else, I'm not fond of Glock ergonomics, I don't like Ruger because I've had bad experiences with several models and the SIGs I've owned have been disappointing. When manufacturers make new products I check them out, even if it's not something I'd typically go for.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm not overly loyal to a brand. That said, if a brand does turn out a consistently good product, I'll start shopping with them when I'm looking for something new. But, if I don't find it there, I'm not too worried about going elsewhere. We live in an age of plenty for gun owners. There are too many nice guns available to not experience something just because it does not have the right roll mark. Of the 10 1911s in my collection, there are 9 different brands represented. There are two Colts, so maybe I'm a Colt guy. I don't know. Then again, all of my Glocks are Glocks, so maybe I'm a Glock guy. Hold on, I just realized that I have multiple CZs, so I must be CZ loyal. Except that one of those CZs is a 1911, so maybe I'm a CZ guy with a 1911 fetish. Or it may be the other way around. Heck, I don't know.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Let's see. I own at least one offering from the following manufacturers.
    This may or may not be an all-inclusive compilation,

Astra
    Bersa
    Browning
    Colt
    Dikar
    Mossberg
    Marlin
    Rossi
    Taurus
    Magnum Research
    Savage
    Weatherby
    Stoeger
    Delaware Machinery
    Anderson Manufacturing
    Ruger
    Safir Arms
    Mosin Nagant
    Nagant
    Arisaka
    Enfield
    Tanfoglio
    CVA
    DPMS
    Henry
    Norinco
    Ortgies
    Thompson Center

No, no brand loyalty for me.
    Variety is the spice of life...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm not overly loyal to a brand. That said, if a brand does turn out a consistently good product, I'll start shopping with them when I'm looking for something new. But, if I don't find it there, I'm not too worried about going elsewhere. We live in an age of plenty for gun owners. There are too many nice guns available to not experience something just because it does not have the right roll mark. Of the 10 1911s in my collection, there are 9 different brands represented. There are two Colts, so maybe I'm a Colt guy. I don't know. Then again, all of my Glocks are Glocks, so maybe I'm a Glock guy. Hold on, I just realized that I have multiple CZs, so I must be CZ loyal. Except that one of those CZs is a 1911, so maybe I'm a CZ guy with a 1911 fetish. Or it may be the other way around. Heck, I don't know.

Just accept things as they are, and don't lose any sleep over it.

Top Bottom