• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've had some interest expressed in shooting Bowling Pins with a .380. Not sure how we'd make that competitive while shooting against .45ACP or .44 Mag. So I'm thinking maybe we should create a new category for Back Up Guns (.380 and .38 snubbies) Would that be of interest to those of you who shoot Bowling Pins at Marion County Fish & Game?

My thought was a limit of 5 bullets in the gun, 4 pins on the table, pins set 1' from the back edge of the table.

What do you think?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I used to shoot with a club that used .22 for pins. We cut the tops off the pins and set them at the back of the table. I think anything that encourages people to get out and shoot the guns they already own is a good thing.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I used to shoot with a club that used .22 for pins. We cut the tops off the pins and set them at the back of the table. I think anything that encourages people to get out and shoot the guns they already own is a good thing.

We currently do shoot pin heads. Most people shoot .22LR but we also allow people to shoot centerfire calibers as well. We set our pin heads 3' from the back edge of the table and if you hit them reasonably square on, the pin heads fly off the back quite nicely.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    If you listen closely you can hear a certain match director at the end.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djctkre0KfA&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - Sig Sauer P238[/ame]

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Here is the same video after I played with it in IMovie.

Don't bother pretending that you don't like the music. :laugh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enDOV87fVZY&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - Shooting the Sig Sauer P238[/ame]

Top Bottom