Born Again..Or how a S&W model 18-2 went from a "truck gun" to a "Farm gun"....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    In my wanderings in & out lately, I'd missed this thread. I'm a fellow 64 model, and looking forward to being smithed on myself here coming up. Funny thing, a couple of days ago I broke down and bought a 686. Always been an automatic guy, but I've been feeling a little more free lately. I bet you know what I mean.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I stopped in Falls City to see Rick and the pistol in question... not only did he do a fantastic job with the aged look on the grips, he scrimshawed a likeness of his "medical body art" into them. Now I'm not gonna say the shepherds hook looks like an Ebola virus under electron magnification; rather I think the surgeon was a latent Prince fan. I will say the scars look better on the grip than they would on me... :)

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I stopped in Falls City to see Rick and the pistol in question... not only did he do a fantastic job with the aged look on the grips, he scrimshawed a likeness of his "medical body art" into them. Now I'm not gonna say the shepherds hook looks like an Ebola virus under electron magnification; rather I think the surgeon was a latent Prince fan. I will say the scars look better on the grip than they would on me... :)

I need to do a set of grips like that for my 22 revolver...

100_3093_zpsdhv8cdoy.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I need to do a set of grips like that for my 22 revolver...

That is AWESOME!!!!! Square butt J frame's grips in fake ivory are VERY affordable (as most people like round butts...I know I do...:)) and I noticed on fleabay that the square butt J frame Jay Scott's and Ajax go for about half of what the round butt's do...If you get a pair shoot me a PM and I will give you the run down of how I did it....

I have a 34-1 in 4 inch that is as accurate as my full size K 22's...I don' think many folks realize how accurate those little J frame .22's are...And they have got those delicious itty, bitty, cute target sights on them!!!!! Nice blade as well...Nice to know I am not the only guy that poses his Smith's with vintage bone handled blades...

I tried to rep but I need to "spread it around" so if someone would do the courtesy of some positive love here for 451 Detonics I would sure enough appreciate it...Beautiful pic sir worthy of rep.....

Top Bottom