• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Young boomer born in 1959. I'm fine. Wife is fine. I have been social isolating myself for 5 years now working on this major home reno.:)

I have to take vacation next week and will probably be furloughed after that. So I may come to a screeching halt on the home reno when I run out of the materials I currently have.

Next week I'll finish out the walk-in closet and lay the floor in the master bathroom. That leaves the tile work; 1 shower with floor and 1 tub surround. I will probably at least pick up a bag of thinset so I can waterproof the Kerdi.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    More and more these days I'm getting people telling me, "Man, you look just like your dad!" I'm okay with that. :)
    While I was at my uncle's side in hospice the nurses kept saying oh you must be his son because they said I looked just like him. Honestly it made me happy.
    I do look like my dad some but i get more of my looks from my mothers side of the family.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    LOL... Me neither...until I look in the mirror and I see my dad looking back at me. :scared:

Does he still have that look that's gets you wondering which of your antics he knows about? You know, the one he used when he knew you screwed up and really didn't know what you did, but you thought he knew all?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Does he still have that look that's gets you wondering which of your antics he knows about? You know, the one he used when he knew you screwed up and really didn't know what you did, but you thought he knew all?

It’s usually a look of surprise...you know, that one where you see someone that you hadn’t seen in a long time. :D

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    More and more these days I'm getting people telling me, "Man, you look just like your dad!" I'm okay with that. :) Dad passed back in 1998.

Mine passed in 1994. If you’re like me, there’s been many, many days where you’ve had those moments where you’ve thought “oh dad would have loved this”. :D

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Next thing you know there will questions about what 8 track tapes you own or how good your pager works.

8-Tracks? Lynyrd Skynyrd One More From the Road and Bob Seger Live Bullet cranking out of Pioneer wedge speakers is something I remember. Not that I'm a Boomer or anything...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    maxresdefault.jpg

I keep getting these from Columbia House every month. I think my subscription is about to lapse. Gotta renew.....

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    1951. I'm okay, but the wife is still working and dealing with 'the public' all day. Washy, washy, wipey, wipey. Got Merle goin on the stereo (wore out the 8-track version years ago).

Top Bottom