Speedway, IN

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh my God. If you zoom in, it appears that you can see the top of his helmet, maybe his hand, and part of the exposed roll cage/bar. Perhaps I'm seeing things, but it sure looks like it.

I found a good pic of the car airborn and yes that section of the cage has failed. The spouse said she could not see his head not hitting the ground in the slid the way the car was bent open and I have to agree.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    https://www.wndu.com/content/news/R...mpening-event-and-Trumps-visit-567936821.html

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Denny Hamlin won the Daytona 500 for the third time when he beat Ryan Blaney to the finish line in the second-closest finish in race history.
    The win for Joe Gibbs Racing came as Ryan Newman was wrecked as the leader and crossed the finish line with his car on its roof, engulfed in flames.
    According to the Associated Press, safety workers rolled his car back onto its wheels before he was removed. Newman was taken by ambulance to a hospital.
    A statement from NASCAR said that Newman “is in serious condition, but doctors have indicated his injuries are non-life-threatening.”
    Hamlin won after two red flags and two overtimes.
    He’s the first back-to-back Daytona winner since Sterling Marlin in 1995.
    The race on Sunday was postponed a day for just the second time in 62 years after it rained moments after Trump’s ceremonial pace lap.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    I didn't catch the race live, just caught the last of it while Hamlin was in Victory Lane.

Y'all ain't gonna like me, and I know this isn't the *****in' thread: F NASCAR! All the way off!

19 years ago we lost Dale. Same turn, same lap. The tone of Jeff and Joy was the same as it was 19 years ago. Just now on channel 8 they have released an update that Newman is going to live. Thank God.

But by dammit, get rid of restrictor plate racing!

CM- smoke this post if you feel the need. I'm not in a good mood right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom