• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I'd imagine whatever you are deer hunting with when one happens to walk by at the time. If a season is approved, that is how most will be killed.

Dirty Steve
    Respectfully disagree, most will be taken incidentally by fox and coyote trappers. Just as mink are by muskrat trappers. Just my opinion of course.

Cats are reclusive to the point of almost invisible, most movements are hunting or breeding. Unless chased by dogs. I don’t think they will (the DNR) allow this for some time.

When you hunted cougars, I’m guessing you saw this. It will be a great interest to me to see how they will allow the taking of the critters.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    Last edited:

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I am in the most will be trapped camp. Trapping seems to be more effective than hunting when dealing with other furbearers. That being said, I also think most hunting them will want the pelt in good shape, so smaller caliber centerfire and rimfire would be choice. I will not hesitate to use what I have when coyote hunting, 223, 6.8 or 308 as I see them mostly at night when coyote hunting. Pretty sure the 308 will not be fur friendly;)

Reactions: Mij
    Top Bottom