• ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have a question for the lawyers and LEOs here on INGO

Do any officers yet carry a Baton? Or has it become one of those telescopic ones for ease of carry. After all, you wouldn't need to carry it nearby then put it into the belt when you have to get out at a scene. I remember many a policeman/woman doing this, though it wasn't always me they were coming to see. lol Just curios.

what is the preferred telescopic baton? I can never get them to collapse after flicking them out, without really beating on them, sometimes with a hammer... so I was wondering...

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Honestly, I don't know many officers that even carry the collapsible batons anymore. I stopped years ago, mostly because I ran out of room on my belt and dumped most everything I'd never used. Most everyone on my department has stopped carrying theirs for the same reason.

Mine always closed after a quick tap on concrete, but they can be a pain occasionally.

We were issued the ASP batons, but I can't give you a comparison between them and any other as it's the only one I've ever had.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We have ONE officer that carries an on PR24... and he does more as a gag than anything (he's former LAPD). The asp (the telescopic one, lol), or expandable is certainly my preference. I have no idea the brand it was given to me from the PD from the get. To close it, I just slam it on the sidewalk. You can adjust the tensioner by unscrewing (typically) the butt end.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Honestly, I don't know many officers that even carry the collapsible batons anymore. I stopped years ago, mostly because I ran out of room on my belt and dumped most everything I'd never used. Most everyone on my department has stopped carrying theirs for the same reason.

Mine always closed after a quick tap on concrete, but they can be a pain occasionally.

We were issued the ASP batons, but I can't give you a comparison between them and any other as it's the only one I've ever had.

I always carry my asp. It's like my magic dog wand. When I go up to a home with a somewhat aggressive dog, flicking it out (the asp), and that snapping sound it makes is pretty well understood by pups, that while I won't shoot you, I will certainly beat you with it.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    OK, thanks. I don't really need them anyway as it isn''t my job but I do think the expendables are cool. I must be flicking mine out way to hard or something though I might look into an ASP version. Who knows and thanks guys and stay safe. I appreciate the job you do and find the current state of affairs sad. Everyone thinks that it is OK if a person points a gun at you with bad intent but heaven help you if you shoot them instead.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    My department issues collapsible batons, While many carry them, most say they wont use them unless absolutely necessary because they have a reputation for bending and wrapping around legs and what not.

Top Bottom