• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    I'm moving from Lafayette (good-bye Applied).

I'm think I have found a couple of gun shops in Bloomington. One of the things I have not found is where can I go so I can shoot.

Does anyone know where around bloomington I can go and shoot?

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    I believe if you go to Hoosier national forest you can go out away from population and shoot in the woods. Might check into that, but that's how it was a couple years ago when we went. Unless of course you want an indoor range

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club ... Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club ... very nice pistol bay, and a 200+ yard rifle range with steel permanently installed.

As far as gun shops, you'll want to get to know the folks at Bedford Army Surplus ... INDIANA ARMY SURPLUS - All you could need from a surplus store ... They keep a small inventory of rifles on hand, and they just got their handgun FFL, so look forward to a small inventory of handguns. They'll order anything you want, and have $20 transfers if you buy from other sources. Plus Troy and his crew are very knowledgeable and love to shoot the breeze with you.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I believe if you go to Hoosier national forest you can go out away from population and shoot in the woods. Might check into that, but that's how it was a couple years ago when we went. Unless of course you want an indoor range

I was under the inpression that typical target practice in the National Forest was a no-go. Hunting in-season is allowed, however. Not sure how that all works out. "Honest, there just was a <insert in-season game> standing right in front of those tin cans over there a second ago."

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    There will be a new range opening up near McCormicks Creek in August.

Do you have details? I heard rumor about an indoor range in Ellettsville, but that is still a couple years off. A range near McCormick's creek(if near the park) would be nice.

Otherwise my fellow former Lafayette resident, you will have to drive. We were both spoiled with having Applied and Wildcat so close to us.

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    I was under the inpression that typical target practice in the National Forest was a no-go. Hunting in-season is allowed, however. Not sure how that all works out. "Honest, there just was a <insert in-season game> standing right in front of those tin cans over there a second ago."

Hoosier National Forest- Recreation
    if you scroll down to the hinting/fishing/firearms section it says target shooting is permissible but not in a certain section. I would still stop at a dnr office and check first tho...

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    How much is a membership at Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club?

That information is squirreled away, but here's where I found it ... from the HHRP home page ... Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club ... click on the 'Documents' hot button, then click on the 'Prospective HHRP member Info' hot button to open up a PDF with a ton of club information ... in the second paragraph of this document it states annual membership is $75.

Quite a deal.

ldjessee00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    indiana
    Hello,

Has anyone gone to High Velocity? I looked at their website and their Facebook page, but was hoping to see a review or impressions?
    I have looked at their Facebook and their webpage, but still would like to see customer impressions/reviews.

In this thread, they give a vague location of their business, but no address appears on their website (which strikes me as odd).

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    Hello,

Has anyone gone to High Velocity? I looked at their website and their Facebook page, but was hoping to see a review or impressions?
    I have looked at their Facebook and their webpage, but still would like to see customer impressions/reviews.

In this thread, they give a vague location of their business, but no address appears on their website (which strikes me as odd).

no address because it doesn't exist yet. There is a range between Ellettsville and spencer. Precision gun range. They are on Facebook and have a website. $15/ hour I believe. Pistol and rifle range.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    no address because it doesn't exist yet. There is a range between Ellettsville and spencer. Precision gun range. They are on Facebook and have a website. $15/ hour I believe. Pistol and rifle range.

Never heard of this one. Looks like it could be something nice.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    I have been to Precision a couple of times. It's a pretty good range at times. They are new and have something they are working on. Over all I enjoyed it last time I was there.

Top Bottom