• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    The one on 2nd and College. It's right across from Seminary Park, which is basically a big homeless/methhead camp.

Thanks. We never venture into "downtown" Bloomington, only ever West 3rd or the other side of town on East 3rd.

Ghetto Kroger is downtown on College and is next to a large homeless encampment. The one in the incident is the "Liberty" Kroger, where I always shop. A trip "to" Bloomington is always Walmart, Menards & Kroger (and rarely venture more "into" Bloomington). It's actually a reasonably good area, and this is the first I've heard of violence in that locale. Really troubling though! And it was at a "normal" time, making it even more worrisome!

We either do Walmart a bit more local or I'll hit them and other big box stores during my travels.

Here lately, we've been going to Kroger in Martinsville... nice store aside from a lackluster bourbon selection (but RK in the same parking lot makes up for it)!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thanks. We never venture into "downtown" Bloomington, only ever West 3rd or the other side of town on East 3rd.

We either do Walmart a bit more local or I'll hit them and other big box stores during my travels.

Here lately, we've been going to Kroger in Martinsville... nice store aside from a lackluster bourbon selection (but RK in the same parking lot makes up for it)!
    Gucci Kroger has a decent bourbon selection. That's on east 3rd.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    And that's not even the Kroger location that we call "ghetto Kroger"!
    That’s Kroghetto, thankyewverymuch.

It’s the adventure to pass on my way to and from work and the Ranch. Back in the early 90s when the homeless were still in People’s Park, it was the store where I got the cops called on me because someone glimpsed my legally carried concealed gun. Cop was polite about it all. Asked to see my ID and LTCH, thanked me, and moved on.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

It’s the adventure to pass on my way to and from work and the Ranch. Back in the early 90s when the homeless were still in People’s Park, it was the store where I got the cops called on me because someone glimpsed my legally carried concealed gun. Cop was polite about it all. Asked to see my ID and LTCH, thanked me, and moved on.
    Yeah, and it's Krogucci and Kromarsh and I forgot what the southside one is named. ;)

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Gucci Kroger has a decent bourbon selection. That's on east 3rd.
    Yes, the one on East 3rd has the best selection of everything, as far as Bloomington is concerned. The one on the South side isn't too bad either. The one on the North side is tiny and not useful.

...your guide to the 5 Bloomington Kroger stores...

But I didn't know all the names... Anyone know all 5?

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    There is more to this story than we are aware of. Why would you the (suv) drive past the car (blue one) you were trying to avoid? Especially if it pulled into the parking lot behind you, how does that occur? Why would you have a gun pulled as you passed the blue car if you had no idea that he had a gun, and why wouldn't you just turn away and floor it? Someone was looking for trouble here.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

Police shouldn't I.D. you for carrying.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Waiting for my wife at the eye Dr and the liberal news was on and they were crying about the aid workers accidentally killed. It is a horrible tragedy to people trying to help. If you insert yourself into a war zone you have the expectation you may be hurt. I grieve for the families of good people.

But the media keeps harping on an accident Israel had and ignoring the horrific thing Hamas has and is doing. Murder, rape and torture by the hundreds, hundreds of hostages still being held and Israel are the bad guys for an accident.

And our media is playing right into this terrorist organization. P###es me off.

Don

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    that’s my usual grocery store. y’all locals know that guy who dances on the corner? I got a funny story to hijack with.

dude isn’t as chill and peaceful as he, and his religious signage, would lead you to think. years ago some friends and I were at a bar in town and that same gentleman was inside being belligerent (which is nothing unusual for Bloomington). to make it worse, other patrons were antagonizing the guy. So, he was acting pretty wild and talking crazy. The workers were doing nothing to deescalate the situation and just gently trying to get him to leave. he made it near us, which was close to the door, and saw him eyeing my friend’s wife - I thought he was about to reach for the back of her head. So I jumped up and pushed the worker, and him, both out the door. I admit it was rather forceful, but easy and quick given I’m a decent sized guy. I wasn't about to have visiting friends be attacked by some transient guy. What’s funny is the worker turned to me like I was the problem and everyone outside started directing hate at me. I didn’t even respond and started trying to close the doors to lock the wacko outside the building. The worker came in and tried giving me more grief. I just laughed at him, & said I was going back to my table - he can go out there with loudmouth if he wants to argue with someone.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Nice. :rolleyes:

That's the Kroger my daughter shops at with the three tiny terrorists in tow.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    that’s my usual grocery store. y’all locals know that guy who dances on the corner? I got a funny story to hijack with.

dude isn’t as chill and peaceful as he, and his religious signage, would lead you to think. years ago some friends and I were at a bar in town and that same gentleman was inside being belligerent (which is nothing unusual for Bloomington). to make it worse, other patrons were antagonizing the guy. So, he was acting pretty wild and talking crazy. The workers were doing nothing to deescalate the situation and just gently trying to get him to leave. he made it near us, which was close to the door, and saw him eyeing my friend’s wife - I thought he was about to reach for the back of her head. So I jumped up and pushed the worker, and him, both out the door. I admit it was rather forceful, but easy and quick given I’m a decent sized guy. I wasn't about to have visiting friends be attacked by some transient guy. What’s funny is the worker turned to me like I was the problem and everyone outside started directing hate at me. I didn’t even respond and started trying to close the doors to lock the wacko outside the building. The worker came in and tried giving me more grief. I just laughed at him, & said I was going back to my table - he can go out there with loudmouth if he wants to argue with someone.
    Yep, it'd be hard not to know him if you drive through that intersection regularly, he's out there just about every time I drive by. I've never interacted with him at all, but I've been around a few other homeless/vagrant folks who have that same look/demeanor. Most of them really don't have it all together mentally, so you never know what you're gonna get. One day they can be just the most chill, friendly, relaxed person you could ever meet, then the next they could be an agitated, slit-your-throat-in-a-heartbeat mess. Maybe it has to do with whether or not they're high on drugs at the moment, IDK...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

Yeah, that guy has gotten into trouble out there with LE at times. It does get belligerent occasionally. And at times he stands out in the road on that corner. He's gonna get smacked one day(at least with a mirror) if he doesn't watch out.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Nothing about that story makes any sense. Bizarro World.

I’m just glad we don’t have any Krogers out here in our little blue safety enclave!!!

Last edited:

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Yes, the one on East 3rd has the best selection of everything, as far as Bloomington is concerned. The one on the South side isn't too bad either. The one on the North side is tiny and not useful.

...your guide to the 5 Bloomington Kroger stores...

But I didn't know all the names... Anyone know all 5?
    KroNo, or KroCougar ( north h.s cougars)
    KroGucci. East
    KroCountry or the Hidden Kroger. south
    KroGhetto. downtown
    Redneck Kroger. westside

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    KroNo, or KroCougar ( north h.s cougars)
    KroGucci. East
    KroCountry or the Hidden Kroger. south
    KroGhetto. downtown
    Redneck Kroger. westside
    I have heard the north one referred to as KroMarsh since it was formerly a Marsh grocery store a few years back.

Top Bottom