NW Indiana
    5842fw

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I attempted to assist in the search yesterday (got pulled away for a home issue). I really hope this family finds closure, it is a horrible thing.

I also wish those organizing the search parties would realize that you have to just setup a few tables and grab people and assign them an area... they were letting people "self-organize" yesterday at 17:30 and it was a mess.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I attempted to assist in the search yesterday (got pulled away for a home issue). I really hope this family finds closure, it is a horrible thing.

I also wish those organizing the search parties would realize that you have to just setup a few tables and grab people and assign them an area... they were letting people "self-organize" yesterday at 17:30 and it was a mess.

one always hopes for the best but in cases like this it never ends well usually. most people dont just disappear when they have their whole life ahead of them without foul play being involved.

I remember a girl I had went to school with went missing years ago and I went with other friends to help in the search effort.
    sadly she was found murdered, but at least they found tha bastard that did it and the family had her body to bury so it was a sense of closure.

My heart truly goes out to her family. and if foul play is found to be involved I hope the police catch whoever did it.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    one always hopes for the best but in cases like this it never ends well usually. most people dont just disappear when they have their whole life ahead of them without foul play being involved.

I remember a girl I had went to school with went missing years ago and I went with other friends to help in the search effort.
    sadly she was found murdered, but at least they found tha bastard that did it and the family had her body to bury so it was a sense of closure.

My heart truly goes out to her family. and if foul play is found to be involved I hope the police catch whoever did it.

While this is usually the "rule", I sure do hope this is the "exception".

Very sad story that unfortunately will probably wind up being a cautionary tale used on young co-eds about the dangers of partying in college.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    She is a very beautiful girl, I hope she is found in good health. This is why I'm an advocate for safety, walking around at 4:00 am probably drunk is not a good idea. Especially being a pretty girl by herself.

( I'm assuming she left a party ).

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    This is a very sad situation that seem to repeat itself every few years.
    I am foloowing this closely as I have a daughter headed that way in August

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Man this does not sound good, I noticed also that the missing poster stated that she also has a heart condition that requires daily medication. In any case, foul play or not it sounds like she is in serious jeopardy. One can only hold out hope.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    She is a very beautiful girl, I hope she is found in good health. This is why I'm an advocate for safety, walking around at 4:00 am probably drunk is not a good idea. Especially being a pretty girl by herself.

( I'm assuming she left a party ).

They stumble around alone on campus oblivious to danger. To be honest, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    They stumble around alone on campus oblivious to danger. To be honest, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more.

Same thing with Purdue University campus. You can drive around campus on a Thursday, Friday, Saturday evening/morning around 2am and count dozens of intoxicated females walking by themselves back to their residences.

I'm also surprised this doesn't happen more often.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I have a 21 year old daughter & an 8 year old daughter, sometimes I think my 8 year old daughter has more common sense than her older sister.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Sad situation...There is not a single good reason a 4'11 90 lb female should be walking around by herself at 4 in the morning.

I have a 21 year old daughter & an 8 year old daughter, sometimes I think my 8 year old daughter has more common sense than her older sister.

Because she probably does.:):

Don't worry though, the younger one will lose her common sense about the same time the older one is getting her's back.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Does anyone have any information regarding the search parties going out? Is there a phone number to contact to see where they've searched maybe? Militarypol21 and I are planning to head down that way and do some hiking to assist in the search but don't want to search what's already been searched. Any info would be appreciated. I know they are meeting up at a certain place but it would save us some time and driving if we could just go directly to the woods and start hiking.

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    good on ya

Does anyone have any information regarding the search parties going out? Is there a phone number to contact to see where they've searched maybe? Militarypol21 are planning to head down that way and do some hiking to assist in the search but don't want to search what's already been searched. Any info would be appreciated. I know they are meeting up at a certain place but it would save us some time and driving if we could just go directly to the woods and start hiking.

4'11" and 90 lbs. and intoxicated. I sure hope whoever took her has some compassion for her parents. She sure wasn't using good sense herself. Need more sheepdogs in Bloomington.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    My shop is right down the street and at 4 am the last of the toasted kids walk, crawl, or just don't make it home and pass out on the sidewalk. Usually BPD takes home the ones who need the help and locals call BPD as needed.

I checked our security footage on the off chance there was something there and no such luck.

Hoping for the best,
    Techres

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Does anyone have any information regarding the search parties going out? Is there a phone number to contact to see where they've searched maybe? Militarypol21 and I are planning to head down that way and do some hiking to assist in the search but don't want to search what's already been searched. Any info would be appreciated. I know they are meeting up at a certain place but it would save us some time and driving if we could just go directly to the woods and start hiking.

I know there is a lot of info on Facebook. If you are on there you can like the link.

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

benkrebs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Unfortunate that this happened. I know for a fact that IU ROTC cadets are aiding in the search, I got an email from the head of the program organizing a link up with the main search party.

Top Bottom