• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NovemberKilo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I think I would be focusing in on the boy who walked her home, or the ones who he was in a confrontation with. he says he doesnt remember, thats hard to believe unless he was on drugs or something and thats still motive..

Agreed.

If there were witnesses to corroborate his "getting punched in the face" version of events, there were witnesses to say who the others involved were.

It's not looking good at this point for the girl...

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    My guess is that she had a fake ID, most likely from her home state of New York. Fake out of state ID would probably be harder to catch. From the local paper it seems that she was arrested for PI and illegal consumption back in Sept. She's beginning to look like quite the party girl. What seems to have happened to her is horrible, but it's looking like she put herself in this mess.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I think I would be focusing in on the boy who walked her home, or the ones who he was in a confrontation with. he says he doesnt remember, thats hard to believe unless he was on drugs or something and thats still motive..
    He probably was pretty drunk. The local paper claims that he was drunk and she was walking he home. If she was drunk enough to leave her shoes and phone at the bar and be the one looking out for him, then he was really hammered. The "official" story is that multiple people saw her after she left his place and he had already passed out.
    Agreed.

If there were witnesses to corroborate his "getting punched in the face" version of events, there were witnesses to say who the others involved were.
    The video from her apartment building security cameras supposedly shows that incident. I don't know if anybody has been identified, but the paper claims that the other parties live in her building.
    It's not looking good at this point for the girl...
    Unfortunately, no it isn't.

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    uhh not really I know plenty worse places in town, and for reference I'm bloomington born and raised.

Me too, spent 30 years in Bloomington and still live about 15 minutes south.

I know you don't want to change the subject, but care to share? Keep it inside city limits... I find it useful knowledge. I'm hoping to go over Saturday and Probably Sunday.

And to clarify... I'm not talking about where she was last scene, I'm talking about under the tracks past Bender. For reference I lived in that hole for 5 years and worked construction with sum of Btowns finest scum. I've worked in every part of town, including many habitat for humanity homes. I wasn't there for school. I'm still over there two weekends a month at the least.

I've even spent some time in the Highland Lounge :)

The shadiest places in bloomington is the little trailer park behind the hospital, not sure of the name but it puts the hill to shame. And the little row of trailers behind the cascades IGA (not sure it is still an IGA or not). Compared to the folks you find in those two spots, the hill back down 11th street is pretty plain.

*Edit
    After thinking about it seems like the trailers behind cascades IGA may have been wiped out for another apartment complex(not sure?) but that place used to be meth/cat/crank central.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I sure hope they find her in good health. If they do not, I sure hope that other students at that school learn a valuable lesson and start learning a little thing called "situational awareness" that is often discussed on this forum.

Regardless of the outcome, my thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    My guess is that she had a fake ID, most likely from her home state of New York. Fake out of state ID would probably be harder to catch. From the local paper it seems that she was arrested for PI and illegal consumption back in Sept. She's beginning to look like quite the party girl. What seems to have happened to her is horrible, but it's looking like she put herself in this mess.

It definitely looks like she could have made some better decisions, especially getting that wasted, that often with a heart condition.:n00b:

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem

It wouldnt necessarily be drugs. You can drink your memory away, hence the term "black out drunk" or "he was blacked out." Trust me i know....:)

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington

The shadiest places in bloomington is the little trailer park behind the hospital, not sure of the name but it puts the hill to shame. And the little row of trailers behind the cascades IGA (not sure it is still an IGA or not). Compared to the folks you find in those two spots, the hill back down 11th street is pretty plain.

*Edit
    After thinking about it seems like the trailers behind cascades IGA may have been wiped out for another apartment complex(not sure?) but that place used to be meth/cat/crank central.

maple court is where your thinking of and yes WAY worse.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    When an event like this happens, everyone wants to be a hero.

SAR work in Indiana is all volunteer, and it costs a lot of time and money to become proficient at it. And once you become proficient at it you then spend most of your time trying to convince the local agencies that your group is not just a bunch of patch collecting wannabees (because 90% of the groups out there that form are exactly that) so it requires years of demonstration that your group are professional and can be relied upon.

Unless, of course, your family member is the Sheriff or fire chief or county commissioner or whatever, then you can form a group with no qualifications whatseoever, and walk tall being a local hero in spite of the fact that you can't find your hand in front of your face.

In Monroe County, Argus is one of the longest lived canine SAR teams out there (I helped start it 12 years ago), they also are involved in ground pounding, and I can give anyone who PMs me the contact information. MCSAR is another ground pounding SAR group in the Monroe County area that may now be defunct, but I can also give the last contact information.

I'm part of the Search and Rescue Training Advisory Committee that the IDHS Training Center at Atterbury.
    IDHS: Search and Rescue Training Program

Lillian Hardy is the director there and can put people in touch with local SAR teams.

Unfortunately, everyone wants to help during a crisis, but very few people want to put in the effort to get enough basic training beforehand to be really useful

Luckily Bloomington isn't too far from Bedford. Have you been helping with the search? They could really use your knowledge and experience.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    I could be way off base but, just by the things that have been said by the police, and the way they have released it, I get the feeling that the police feel they know who is responsible but don't have a shred of evidence to prove it.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Luckily Bloomington isn't too far from Bedford. Have you been helping with the search? They could really use your knowledge and experience.

My involvement has been to help coordinate some resources. Long ago I decided I did not care for groundpounding from a grunt standpoint, especially not in urban settings with management issues I'm not going to publicly discuss. I'm waiting the call for us to "search all the caves in the county, but so far it's not happened.

This is a sad, messy situation. I was working with dog teams during Jill Behrman's search and that made the decision for me to stick with disaster response and technical rescue. Very few agencies in Indiana take SAR seriously until situations like this crop up and then they are caught flat footed, and after it's done, lessons will not be learned :(

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Rumor that I heard from my neighbor (queen of gossip so take it with a grain of salt) was that police found her in a woods near Bender Lumber & Hoosier Hills Food Bank. I would presume dead if she was found in the woods but the police haven't released any official statements.

Has this area been searched yet?

This has been bugging me all day. The guy who was convicted of killing Jill behrman was convicted on what he said to everyone about her. What if this person said this knowing she is there and just wants to look like they have an inside connection to the police? At the least this gossip queen needs to be questioned.

abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    The 11st street area is fairly calm and not too inhabited. There are plenty of new apartments going up that are high scale filled with students. At work (Upland brewery) we've had lots of people come in with the signs.

I live about 4 blocks away from where she disappeared and really I just don't see it. There has to be foul play.

Regardless as much as it sucks to say, I believe she's been dead for awhile. Like that show "48 hours", the first couple days are the most important.

Very rough for her parents and family, especially being from NY and I really hope they find her even if it is for closure. :(

*Edit

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Has this area been searched yet?

This has been bugging me all day. The guy who was convicted of killing Jill behrman was convicted on what he said to everyone about her. What if this person said this knowing she is there and just wants to look like they have an inside connection to the police? At the least this gossip queen needs to be questioned.
    Nah, trust me, she doesn't know a thing about it. She is my neighbor and she just likes to gossip and spread rumors. She drives bus for MCSC and just hears a lot of stuff over the bus radio etc and spreads it around.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I still certainly hope for the best. However, as the details slowly dribble out, it sure makes you wonder if some of the group of guys she was hanging out with know more than they're saying. They seem to be lawyering up pretty quick.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I still certainly hope for the best. However, as the details slowly dribble out, it sure makes you wonder if some of the group of guys she was hanging out with know more than they're saying. They seem to be lawyering up pretty quick.
    thats just smart in my opinion. some cops just wanna push to throw anyone under the bus for a conviction in these cases because of outside pressure. thats why they get false confessions. some people dont realize they have the RIGHT to remain silent and not be badgered by police in interrogations! (that right is not given to you by the police by the way)

I hope they find her too. no one wants to see people like this hurt especialy when some of us have daughters that will go to college one day too. but I will also raise my daughter to know that the company you keep (good or bad) WILL affect decisions in life you make and some decisions no matter how innocent they seem at the time CAN affect you for life. wondering down the street drunk ANYWHERE especially as a cute female is not a wise decision at all. but even still she and others have the right not to be harmed. so it still doesnt justify someone doing harm.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    thats just smart in my opinion. some cops just wanna push to throw anyone under the bus for a conviction in these cases because of outside pressure. thats why they get false confessions. some people dont realize they have the RIGHT to remain silent and not be badgered by police in interrogations! (that right is not given to you by the police by the way)

For sure, it's smart for those that might have some even slight ammount of guilt in this young ladies disappearance. Without being a part of the actual disappearance, there is a lot of guilt spread around in this case.

In the mean time, hundreds if not thousands, do "feel good" searching to find an answer that may only lie with one of these people in question. The parents, friends, family and community all wait, wondering if there is a threat in the area that needs to be addressed.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    For sure, it's smart for those that might have some even slight ammount of guilt in this young ladies disappearance. Without being a part of the actual disappearance, there is a lot of guilt spread around in this case.

In the mean time, hundreds if not thousands, do "feel good" searching to find an answer that may only lie with one of these people in question. The parents, friends, family and community all wait, wondering if there is a threat in the area that needs to be addressed.

hell im telling you that if i was just walking down the street and a cop approached me about her disappearance I wouldnt answer any questions, and I dont live anywhere near libtown, I mean bloomington nor have I been there in a LOOOOONG time. Lawyering up DOES NOT mean you are guilty or feel guilty. thats what prosecutors and cops want you to think in case you serve on a jury one day. It helps their conviction rate. Once the police "know/think" your guilty, then good luck!

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    hell im telling you that if i was just walking down the street and a cop approached me about her disappearance I wouldnt answer any questions, and I dont live anywhere near libtown, I mean bloomington nor have I been there in a LOOOOONG time. Lawyering up DOES NOT mean you are guilty or feel guilty. thats what prosecutors and cops want you to think in case you serve on a jury one day. It helps their conviction rate. Once the police "know/think" your guilty, then good luck!

Absolutely right! If my wife or kids went missing I would immediatly hire a lawyer.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Right, it doesn't take a lot of reading to understand you are a cop bashing cop hater. :rolleyes:

Still, this young lady is missing. All the while self-centered guys like YOU, who may have answers, are busy covering their asses.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Renegade762
    Top Bottom