Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Can confirm, this is probably going to be the most expensive flooding event Bloomington has suffered in years. Kirkwood is getting all the attention but this is happening all over the place. And the radar shows a wall of heavy rain still coming, stretching from here to Des Moines.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Stay safe down there guys! When I looked out my window this morning I could see water almost 1/3 of the way up into my front yard. That doesn't usually happen unless we've had several days of rain in a row. I don't know how much we've officially gotten so far, but I do know that it's been raining since at least around midnight when I got up to go to the bathroom. And as Ark said, there's still a bunch more on the way.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    There's a very large underground culvert that runs just past there, it carries the Jordan River and lots of the storm drains flow into it. It's basically falling apart and is all getting dug up in a massive project this year. I wonder if something collapsed or got blocked and caused that flooding.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Wow. I am also getting a LOT of the same rain, obviously, but I didn't even think that downtown could/would flood. I'm going to check my crawlspace. Hang on for a minute.

Well, it appears to be dry. Knock on wood, I have been working on water control for the past 6 years on this home. Seems like I may finally have it under control.

One issue I had was a 6" drain that was in my driveway would clog up very easily causing water to back up to my house and then into two spots in my basement.

I replaced it with a 24" drain that I was able to locate in the yard beside the driveway. I still need to create a swale around it, but it took all this water and sent out to the ditch along the street. Eventually when I replace the driveway, I will add a trench drain and tie it into the 24" drain to catch the water coming down the driveway and have some redundancy.

Stay safe. I wonder if Martinsville CC cancelled the carbine class.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Yes, this **** is serious. I am currently evaluating all my firearms to higher ground. Basement has 4” of water in it . Lost a couple of large trees and no power to run my sump pump. Worst I have ever seen in Btown .
    People with no backflow preventers got mega-screwed by the power outages when the sewer sump pumps went down. Heard from a friend of mine that one on the west side went down from the outage and then the generator shack flooded under a couple feet of water. More trees down in the county than anyone can count.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I came out to find a dish tub I left on the deck full of water. Wow. Not as bad as Btown, but it was a frog strangler.

Top Bottom