Bloomberg announces new gun control effort.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    If anybody knows what is best for the good people of Indiana, Texas, and Montana, it has to be the former mayor of New York. How many votes did he buy with that pre-election ad with the guy on the tailgate of his truck holding a shotgun? Let him spend his money. He will continue to lose because of his disdain for the common people, and his assumption that wealth makes him right.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Here's the secret to any grassroots effort. Mr. Bloomberg needs to take note. An effective grassroots effort starts with the knowledge of a large group of people who are united by an ideology. It is the task of the grassroots organizer to get all of these like-minded people to join together in a coordinated effort. If your task includes changing people's minds to grow your numbers to a large enough group to have a grassroots effort, then you are indeed up against it. If your grassroots resource of like-minded individuals is so comparatively infinitesimal, then you should pick another ideology.

The success of the NRA in modern times - fighting anti 2A legislation - was made easier given so many Americans - left and right - enjoy their 2A freedom. They understand a constitutional right isn't just for any particular group, it's for every single citizen. To give ground on this or any constitutional right is to give away freedom.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    THANK YOU, MIKE BLOOMBERG!
    Mike, I truly and sincerely appreciate the opportunity to 'beat up' on you some more! :rockwoot:

Maybe a question for those resident lawyer-types: Since the Second Amendment is part of the incorporation doctrine, should ol' Mike attempt to directly interfere with our Second Amendment rights through his specific 'attacks', can he be brought to suit for violating our Constitutional rights?

He's not a citizen of Indiana, so he has no say-so on what happens in Indiana. If he attempts to 'buy votes' or influence elections or power for his personal agenda, it would seem he's violating the Constitutional rights of every law-abiding gun owner / carrier in Indiana.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just remember that millions of your fellow citizens totally agree with the mayor. Just about anyone who has graduated from college, with a few rare exceptions, over the last decade are in lockstep with him.

It is not just the leaders. They are there because the people want what they are selling.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    ModernGunner said:
    He's not a citizen of Indiana, so he has no say-so on what happens in Indiana. If he attempts to 'buy votes' or influence elections or power for his personal agenda, it would seem he's violating the Constitutional rights of every law-abiding gun owner / carrier in Indiana.

It would be no different than Americans for Prosperity (Koch brothers) buying ads attacking Democrats in states other than Kansas.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Just remember that millions of your fellow citizens totally agree with the mayor. Just about anyone who has graduated from college, with a few rare exceptions, over the last decade are in lockstep with him.

It is not just the leaders. They are there because the people want what they are selling.
    Well, I agree. I will add I also know and work with, a lot of college-folk, myself included, that are most assuredly not 'in lockstep' with Bloomberg. Quite the opposite.

It would be no different than Americans for Prosperity (Koch brothers) buying ads attacking Democrats in states other than Kansas.
    Ah, but are the Koch Brothers preventing me (us) or any specific 'Democrat' from freely exercising their 2A rights as guaranteed by the Constitution?

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    SMAMATSA (Soccer Moms And Mayors Against The Second Amendment) are BACK!

Wait a minute, just the other day money in politics was bad.

If Doomberg wants to flush his money down the crapper it's all good. It worked real well for him in Colorado, a plumber who borrowed a couple grand from his grandma handed him his sorry arse!

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Oh yeah, and I forgot to add, my 'crystal ball' predicts another surge in firearms and ammo sales, LOL!

Dang, the firearms and ammunitions industries should dedicate two life-size, solid gold statues to Obama and Bloomberg, reward them both as "Salesmen Of The Century"! :lmfao:

Stock up now, before Bloomberg gets to Indiana! :thumbsup:

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh yeah, and I forgot to add, my 'crystal ball' predicts another surge in firearms and ammo sales, LOL!

Dang, the firearms and ammunitions industries should dedicate two life-size, solid gold statues to Obama and Bloomberg, reward them both as "Salesmen Of The Century"! :lmfao:

Stock up now, before Bloomberg gets to Indiana! :thumbsup:

My crystal ball says that prices are going down, the market is saturated. And if the Republicans can hold onto the House then prices will continue to drop. If the republicans can win control of the Senate then even better.

The problem is not Bloomberg or Obama. it is the people. People like you.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County

It depends on the degree. I'm in engineering...and you can't kick over a stone and not find a gun owner that is against this stuff. Thats too broad a generalization against college grads.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

I guess I'm one of the few, the degreed, the against gun control grads then. At least my current degree is, who knows, maybe the one I'm currently working on will be for gun control, then it'll be an engineering degree vs a business degree. My money is on the engineering degree!:draw:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I guess I'm one of the few, the degreed, the against gun control grads then. At least my current degree is, who knows, maybe the one I'm currently working on will be for gun control, then it'll be an engineering degree vs a business degree. My money is on the engineering degree!:draw:

I guess that makes two of us.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    He could put out 250 million and it won't change a single thing. You know why? Because the average person knows that the guns or the cosmetic features on the guns will not make one iota of difference.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    While you did specify that there are exceptions, and given that the audience to whom you're speaking here is a bit one-sided, based on my experience as both a recent grad ('06) and current student, the college students I know are absolutely NOT "in lockstep with Obama" or in agreement with Bloomberg.

Additionally, what you seem to be saying is that the "gun control"lers are better educated than those who favor gun rights. Are you intentionally calling gun owners either uneducated or stupid?

From the demographics I've seen, it would seem that most of the supporters of those agendas do so from the periphery; that is, they're not voting for "gun control", per se, they're voting for the guy who says he's going to pay them more of other peoples' money that they don't have to work to obtain. It just so happens that that guy is anti-gun rights, and they are "low information voters".

The demographics of which I'm speaking often are not the high wage earners that college grads typify. Your posts on this sound a lot like "degree envy" to me.

Blessings,
    Bill

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    While you did specify that there are exceptions, and given that the audience to whom you're speaking here is a bit one-sided, based on my experience as both a recent grad ('06) and current student, the college students I know are absolutely NOT "in lockstep with Obama" or in agreement with Bloomberg.

Additionally, what you seem to be saying is that the "gun control"lers are better educated than those who favor gun rights. Are you intentionally calling gun owners either uneducated or stupid?

From the demographics I've seen, it would seem that most of the supporters of those agendas do so from the periphery; that is, they're not voting for "gun control", per se, they're voting for the guy who says he's going to pay them more of other peoples' money that they don't have to work to obtain. It just so happens that that guy is anti-gun rights, and they are "low information voters".

The demographics of which I'm speaking often are not the high wage earners that college grads typify. Your posts on this sound a lot like "degree envy" to me.

Blessings,
    Bill

This x1000.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    THANK YOU, MIKE BLOOMBERG!
    Mike, I truly and sincerely appreciate the opportunity to 'beat up' on you some more! :rockwoot:

Maybe a question for those resident lawyer-types: Since the Second Amendment is part of the incorporation doctrine, should ol' Mike attempt to directly interfere with our Second Amendment rights through his specific 'attacks', can he be brought to suit for violating our Constitutional rights?

You could always file an injunction alleging nuisance. I don't think there's a PITA cause of action...

Top Bottom