Bloomberg announces new gun control effort.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I fail to comprehend why one person is so bent on exerting complete contor over so many others. Sugar in drinks, the size of your drink, gun control, what's next? How many miles you should be allowed to drive in one day? After all it's for the children!!!!

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Remember when our "Mom's Demand" friends said they weren't on the Bloomberg bankroll? Guess that was bull****.

If Bloomberg was serious about reducing gun violence, he'd work with the NRA to improve gun safety. It's never about that. It's about 100% confiscation.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    A match made in heaven! Shannon Watts and Michael Bloomberg.
    I'll venture a guess that the combination will generate tons of disinformation and vitriol.
    I sure wish Bloomberg would run out of hobby money, like the rest of us do.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I fail to comprehend why one person is so bent on exerting complete contorl over so many others. Sugar in drinks, the size of your drink, gun control, what's next? How many miles you should be allowed to drive in one day? After all it's for the children!!!!

Bold part is, IMHO, answered by Bloomberg's last statement quoted in the NY Times article (left out of Fox Report):
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/16/u...million-challenge-to-the-nra.html?ref=us&_r=4

I'll let you all read it and make that judgement for yourselves. that's just IMHO

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    But if he senses that he may not have as much time left as he would like, he has little doubt about what would await him at a Judgment Day. Pointing to his work on gun safety, obesity and smoking cessation, he said with a grin: “I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.”

Wow. I think he has a big surprise coming. Sounds like in the article that Indiana is on the top of his "hit list". A really good way to test if a state is being run well or doing something right is to see if liberals dislike it. If the liberals don't approve then you can pat yourself on the back knowing that you are doing good.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The man that enjoys armed security 24/7 is redoubling his effort to rescind other Americans' Second Amendment rights. No surprises here.

These people need removed before they can actually do damage to our rights.

He might as well give the $50m to the RNC. The effect of attacking gun rights in purple states will be about the same

Shannon Watts seems to disregard that female gun ownership is up 77% since 2005, and women will not be rolling over for her nanny-state bull****.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    But if he senses that he may not have as much time left as he would like, he has little doubt about what would await him at a Judgment Day. Pointing to his work on gun safety, obesity and smoking cessation, he said with a grin: “I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.”

Wow. I think he has a big surprise coming. Sounds like in the article that Indiana is on the top of his "hit list". A really good way to test if a state is being run well or doing something right is to see if liberals dislike it. If the liberals don't approve then you can pat yourself on the back knowing that you are doing good.

With talk like that I'm sure whatever god he prays to already has him heading down the highway to hell.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Instead of doubling down on legislation to further hamstring law-abiding citizens, they should consider using that $50M to knock on doors of known gang bangers and felons in big cities across America to see if they would be willing to give up their guns. Why are people like this so against the idea of good people being able to defend themselves, their families, and their property? What's next, backyard swimming pools? Pencils?? Spoons?!?

I too see an NRA membership in my very near future.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers

I agree with this but we here in Indiana, and we here on INGO, CANNOT let up. We must keep pushing our legislators to recognize our right to keep and bear arms without infringement. We did well this last session, but we need more engagement even among those on this site. At 30,000+ members, INGO most likely represents one of the largest single advocacy groups in the State. And we're advocating for Constitutional rights. We should be in even better shape than we are.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    What's that campaignID from? Want to know what it's being attributed to before using it. It's $35 through the normal website.

That is just one of the NRA's marketing campaigns. If you don't want a particular membership purchase being linked to a particular mailing, you can hit the same join page without the campaign ID here. Just be aware that option will result in your paying full price.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    What's that campaignID from? Want to know what it's being attributed to before using it. It's $35 through the normal website.

Campaign ID is a promotion number or recruiter number. In this case it is a recruiter number. It is used to indiacate which recruiter a member signed up through.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Only $25. :patriot: [URL said:
    https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XP028342[/URL]

Done! Hopefully I'll get my ID soon, I'd like to pre-register for the NRA Convention and get my exhibit hall badge ahead of time. :D

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Bloomberg appears to enjoy burning money and looking foolish. :rolleyes: We're used to fighting people like him. There have always been enemies of freedom, and always will be.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Apparently, this new campaign will be aimed at women. Just sounds like INGOers will just need to invite more women out to shoot. Find an way to invite a newbie or two to shoot now that the weather is getting better. The best campaign is run at the grass-roots and one-on-one. That is one area that the anti-gunners have constantly failed at.

Top Bottom