• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    And now for a little levity and good music. :)

I'm not one to "...drive the bears out of the wilderness" and I can see Lovett's point about seeing the bear in ourselves, but I'm not going to romanticize them. "they don't come no better than a bear"? No. They don't no more bearish than a bear. They are what they are.
    That bears and big cats are being spotted in our forests seems to indicate that wildlife has become a viable ecosystem here again--to the extent that they don't feed off farms, livestock, or God forbid, people. I'm not going to complain about them. God put them in the world too. I just expect gov't not to hassle people who get sideways with them and have to shoot them in defence of people or property

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Very underrated.
    I've seen him a few times with John Hiatt for acoustic shows. Saw him with the singer songwriter tour with Hiatt, Joe Ely and Guy Clark too. One of the best shows I've ever been to. It was like watching 4 old friends sitting around taking turns playing songs and telling stories. Lovett is really funny too. Such a deadpan expression and dry sense of humor.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I've seen him a few times with John Hiatt for acoustic shows. Saw him with the singer songwriter tour with Hiatt, Joe Ely and Guy Clark too. One of the best shows I've ever been to. It was like watching 4 old friends sitting around taking turns playing songs and telling stories. Lovett is really funny too. Such a deadpan expression and dry sense of humor.

Yep....Last saw him with Hiatt at Clowes several years ago....great show and great sense of humor.

End of the show was great....started taking call out requests from the audience.

Good stuff.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I was probably at that show too! :thumbsup:

Do you remember the Starlight Theater that used to be down there?

Great small outdoor venue....Saw him with his Large Band there...It was late summer and hot as Hell.

He and the band came out in Tuxedoes and opened with something like, "Awfully kind of you to bring this Texas weather in for us".

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Do you remember the Starlight Theater that used to be down there?

Great small venue....Saw him with his Large Band there...It was late summer and hot as Hell.

He and the band came out in Tuxedos and opened with something like, "Awfully kind of you to bring this Texas weather in for us".
    I vaguely remember the Starlight, but never went there.

Okay, okay... :hijack:

:):

Top Bottom