• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grademan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Greencastle
    I called and talked to the owner (I think) and he seemed to be very nice, just thought I'd check here to see if anyone had any experience with them before I made the two hour drive (one way).

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I believe that it is Bob Trueblood that owns that shop. He is a good honest man. He shoots competitively at the South Central range. He is a trustworthy man. I have never been in his gun shop, and so I cannot speak to select or price in the shop.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I've met Bob and purchased ammo from him before. I've also stopped in on many occasions just to browse. Good guy, and seems to be honest. Be ready for a conversation when you go in there though, he likes to talk - and I don't mean that negatively. He's one of those guys that you feel like you've known all your life after talking with him for about 5 minutes.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Its on U.S. 31 just north (maybe a mile?) of the intersection with U.S. 50. His shop is attached to his house on the west side of 31. Its not really well marked but you'll be able to tell it by the big gravel driveway/parking lot in front of his house. I think he may also have a neon sign in the window.

Sorry the directions are a bit vague. I've lived in Seymour for 25+ years and "just know" where it is and never really paid attention to all the details of how far out it is. You know, one of those "go down to the old school house, hang a left, and then turn right where Bob and Cheryl used to live" sort of things.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'm pretty sure he does...I think I paid with a debit card the last time I bought ammo off of him. Not exactly the same, but I think he's set up with the card swiper and all that.

strut70

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    columbus
    Hey guy,s just joinded the forum. I am a good friend of Bob,s I am in there 2 or 3 times a week.. Great guy and a pleasure to deal with. He does take credit and debit cards but like anyone else prb prefers cash. Bob deals mostly in handguns but has several rifles and shotgus also...he is a dillon dealer for your re-loading need and is a authorized Wilson dealer......Going south on us 31 you will go through a little town called reddington, his store is about a 1.5 mile past that on the right.....

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    +1 for Bob at Bite the Bullet. He will deal on just about anything he has-gave me a real good price on a new beretta 92.He likes Harley Davidson and Miller beer-gotta respect the guy for good taste:D

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Thanks for the good reviews.
    I've got a big project going in the North Vernon area so I can check this place out on my next trip to the jobsite. Was looking for a more local supply of reloading supplies rather than mail order.

Grademan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Greencastle
    B.S.

I talked to Bob before I started this thread to make sure the deal I had in mind would be possible. I specifically stated the brand and model (a new Kimber Warrior) I wanted to trade in during our phone conversation. Once I finally arrive, I mention our phone conservation, give him my gun to check out, and begin browsing. Bob says "I don't know much about Kimber, all the guns I buy and sell are far superior to Kimber". (nice way to treat a potential customer) He then sees it has a light rail and because of that says "I don't want it". After two hours of driving, I'm out of there within fifteen seconds. So it all boils down to Bob not having a clue what I was talking about in our phone conversation and because of that ignorance, wasting four hours of driving and $45 in fuel. Thanks Bob.

Top Bottom