Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Playing devil's advocate, what is the possibility that these charges were brought against him because in his speeches to the different colleges he spoke about against sitting back, doing nothing and getting paid for it. He challenged people of his color to get off their duffs and work for an honest living. Not politically correct to say those things, and now he is paying the price?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Playing devil's advocate, what is the possibility that these charges were brought against him because in his speeches to the different colleges he spoke about against sitting back, doing nothing and getting paid for it. He challenged people of his color to get off their duffs and work for an honest living. Not politically correct to say those things, and now he is paying the price?

Good point to consider, but when I take into account that I have been hearing about Cosby's sexual shenanigans as long as I have been hearing about Clinton's body count, I have a hard time believing that he is straight and narrow. I will grant you that telling 'entitled' types to get up off they asses and work probably didn't earn him any friends, but I am inclined to believe that being right in one area doesn't necessarily make him righteous in all areas.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Don't know about that, but I would listen to any arguments that involved a combination of these factors:

1) a guy with a net worth of several hundred million dollars,
    2) a guy who stepped out on his wife regularly,
    3) women who thought they were using Cos to get famous while he was using them for sex,
    4) the recent redefinition of consent to mean that "yes" isn't really "yes", and
    5) agreeing to have sex with a guy...and use drugs with him, but then years later realizing that #3 didn't work and #1.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't know about that, but I would listen to any arguments that involved a combination of these factors:

1) a guy with a net worth of several hundred million dollars,
    2) a guy who stepped out on his wife regularly,
    3) women who thought they were using Cos to get famous while he was using them for sex,
    4) the recent redefinition of consent to mean that "yes" isn't really "yes", and
    5) agreeing to have sex with a guy...and use drugs with him, but then years later realizing that #3 didn't work and #1.

This makes my thoughts on this valid. Why so damn long.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This makes my thoughts on this valid. Why so damn long.

I don't know that it was so long. As I understand it there were several complaints about him going back decades, yet he had the protection of a different mindset of LE along with the protection of privilege and a certain public persona. So what was complained about decades ago was either poo-pooed or not taken seriously. Also, back then the rape victim would be torn apart all over again if things went to trial, so there was a strong motivation against being re-victimized all over again.

Finally, in recent years a black comedian, Hannibal Burress, that said a joke regarding Bill Cosby's "known but unknown" rapes and a video of that went viral. Soon after, women began to again report or for the first time report the rapes. Link: Hannibal Buress reacts to infamous Bill Cosby joke - Business Insider

Now, times have changed and when one came forward the others just kind of said "me too" backing up each others claim.

Of course I am certain there are many layers to all of our thinking processes and money certainly cannot be ruled out entirely. I'm just not sure I'd put it at #1 either.

Regards,

Doug

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    For gosh sake, people, this isn't rocket science....it just pays like rocket science....for celebrity lawyers.

Don't be jealous of them there Armani suits them fancy celebrity lawyers wear...

64700165.jpg

There is gold that cannot be assayed or weighed in being a simple country lawyer...:)

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    First Pee Wee Herman and now the Cos. Looks like everybody has flaws. My bubble is burst. I thought that personalities were really what the entertainment industry presented them to be. Next thing you know a president will be proven to have had illicitsex in the oval office.:ugh:

Top Bottom