Big changes at my home and my wife and I planning for the last 10 years! Our mission to help others: please read! A LOT OF INFORMATION TO SHARE

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    This is a good start of what happened and how we came to be.. some of the folks and groups/organizations that we can serve.
    Big plans coming together finally: My wife and I have been working on this for the last 10 years. We love horse's and started a horse rescue in 2014, got our not for profit status. We had success bringing home horse's and giving training/rehabilitation to them and then and found several homes. We kept 3 that fit our program.
    We were recruited by Ball State to do a camp for special needs kids in 2016. Success with/from all of the family and volunteers. The next 2 years at camp we added more to make the experience more fun than a pony ride. We did a Ranch and Trail course, Again success, the next year covid hit and camp was cancelled and the professor at Ball State retired and the program stopped.. and along with all the interest from foundations and organizations dried up.
    So we planned and researched, developed a great business plan to be able do more with our horse's than just one target group or age group. 2 years ago we found a local contractor to build a facility in stages. Great guy helpful, took all of our needs and ideas and put them on paper. Build a 72'x 200' barn.
    We raised money and put in what we could in stages.. last year we had one of our smaller pastures turned into a parking lot, its big enough to pull a school bus or large horse trailers in and park. Installed the electrical conduit for barn and parking lots needs.
    Then the great guy took off to Tennessee with the rest of the money we had.. so we rebooted.. cashed in the equity for our property found another contractor, our old barn ( RELUCTANLY) came down. Site prep was completed and this week materials arrived. The barn will have a multipurpose room that will serve as a classroom for the 5 area schools that have contacted us for us to service them, (my wife is an educator and has wrote curriculum to support the State of Indiana's social-emotional competency's for the classroom work) kids attending will receive grades and credit for attending and kids, ADA compliant bathroom, kitchen and serving area, a full size riding arena in it, stalls for up to 20 horse's, hay storage and eventually a tack shop.
    Here is a list of some of the areas and people we will be helping:
    Area schools bringing children
    School counselors and life coaches
    Special needs kids-adults
    Kids at risk/troubled
    Emotionally handicapped/troubled
    Horse owner's to educate on horsemanship
    First responder's and our police/sheriff to just have a place to go with family for a fun day to relax
    Special Olympics have contacted us to have events
    Local Boy's and Girl's club
    Team building for companies
    MORE to come!

This is list of who have already asked to come once we are built! Without advertising. I know more will come once the doors are open! Our family is involved and we have a list of volunteer's in the wings waiting to help too!
    I am asking for prayer's and if interested you can look us up @ Schullerstables.org Facebook Schuller stables Inc to see more pictures/information.
    We are going to be doing some fundraising to help with the interior building and I have contacted business's like IMI and they have helped by giving us discounts and I hope to be able to continue with fundraising , but I am new at this but networking and contacting company's I enjoy doing. We have so much more information to share and if anyone has a good lead for an attorney in Tennessee let me know! Thank YOU for looking at what we are doing to help other's and make some ones life a little better. Tim and Michelle Schuller

site prep.jpg building materials.jpg trusses.jpg

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Very admirable .......your community is lucky to have you both .
    It reminds me of a job my ex wife had .......She was an assistant at a Hippotherapy facility . They had some great horses there , some that were older city , horse and carriage rescues . ( they were bomb proof , and great for the kids ) .

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Very admirable .......your community is lucky to have you both .
    It reminds me of a job my ex wife had .......She was an assistant at a Hippotherapy facility . They had some great horses there , some that were older city , horse and carriage rescues . ( they were bomb proof , and great for the kids ) .
    Hippotherapy doesn't mean what I thought it meant. :facepalm:

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    What is the name of the ******* in TN? Need to warn the folks down there.
    Have a little surprise for him.. just researching and looking for a lawyer to work with. It’s a hassle anyway I try being that he’s out of state and I am using my money for other things right now.. but karma always has a way of catching up with people like him;)

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Hey INGO.. just a thanks for all the prayers and kind words.. especially some plans that we are working with an individual here that just astounds my wife and I!! More details to come!
    My wife now carries a paper bag with her, do to hyperventilating with her. She literally is overwhelmed with the start of how things are coming together and the plan’s being worked out.. Thank you so much. Tim and Michelle

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Not sure how I missed this thread

Awesome of you and your wife to invest so much of your time, hard work, and of course, money, to help others. The world needs more people like you!

Top Bottom