• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I guess you need an idiot to lead a gun control program considering what happened in Connecticut is a textbook statement on how gun control failed!

The school is a gun free zone, FAIL.
    Connecticut has some strict firearm laws, FAIL.
    Murder is illegal...

Common sense says that arming school administrators and teachers is the answer, but common sense was thrown out during the clinton administration.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Ding, ding, ding

just throwing an idea out there. Could Obama have appointed Biden because he knows there is no real chance of getting past the House of Representatives? So that, when it doesn't work he can say we tried but that it isn't his fault. :dunno:

This is how government works. You try to look like you're doing something about the current hot topic. It it works you take credit. If it doesn't, you have to be able to blame those fools on the other side of the aisle. So, in this scenario, you Liberals try to get an outrageous weapons ban passed, knowing full-well it won't pass. Then, when it fails passage you say "we tried but the Conservatives would rather children die than give up their guns"! Really very simple.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have to wonder if this isn't an attempt by Obama to distance himself from the affair. Passing the buck would allow him to appear concerned without being personally tied to whatever the "Biden Commission" dreams up.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Obama is expert at shifting the responsibility ie; passing the buck.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    JOE BIDEN: I'm the guy that first passed and wrote the assault-weapons ban and -- and also tried to pass legislation relative to the size of magazines, that is the -- those clips that hold all the bullets that get shoved up into the rifle.
    Exclusive | Biden: Mubarak Is Not a Dictator, But People Have a Right to Protest | PBS NewsHour | Jan. 27, 2011 | PBS

“I guarantee you Barack Obama ain’t taking my shotguns, so don’t buy that malarkey,” Biden said to voters during a campaign stop in Castlewood, Virginia on September 20. “Don’t buy that malarkey. They’re going to start peddling that to you.” ...

“If he tries to fool with my Beretta, he’s got a problem,” Biden added, referring to Obama.

Read more: Biden 2008: 'Obama ain't taking my shotguns' | Times 247
    Second quote is from 2008

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Ole Joe is crazier than a rat in a coffee can. He is also an astute political survivor. When he is talking about defending his shotguns, he working to appeal to the hunters and divide the firearms community. The hunters see this as a win for them, if all the focus in on the black rifles and high-cap pistols. Once those are banned, the only thing left to confiscate are the bolt action rifles and shotguns. Ole Joe doesn't have to worry about his security. He has Secret Service protection for life.

Top Bottom