• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Allowing providers to buy medicines at discounts, then charge their patients (ie, insurance companies) full retail, is one of the little "system hacks" the sausage-making machine uses to redistribute profits within the supply chain, pick winners and losers, and keep everyone in the industry on the edge of their seats, holding their breath, and waiting in trembling anticipation for the Government's next move. And (of course), sending suitcases full of cash to the right people in an effort to influence that next move.

They did this with Chemotherapy drugs too. Providers had to "qualify" for the discounts by meeting certain thresholds, and the net impact was to force patients to drive longer distances to get their treatments, because the gunshot-laden "County General" hellhole hospitals in the big cities had all the right credentials to qualify for the drug discounts. You like getting your chemo at a small local provider location? **** you.

If You Like Your Health Care...You Can Keep It. (As long as it qualifies*)

And some here voted for this.

(Insert snarky thumb-typed fozo quote here)

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I bet all these "medicare for all!" people will enjoy paying $900 for their insulin that Trump was getting them for a heck of a lot less.

Elections have consequences... lol

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    ...patiently waiting (again) for the enlightened elites among us to explain how this is a good thing (without answering the OP with some Philadelphia lawyer question instead).

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I bet all these "medicare for all!" people will enjoy paying $900 for their insulin that Trump was getting them for a heck of a lot less.

But their mindset is self-reinforcing, because LeftyLibrarian from Peoria will hold this up as just more evidence that the pharmaceutical companies are money-grubbing scoundrels, and that much more reason why we need to Bernie the whole system down and put every health worker on a GS pay scale (because omygosh why should they make more than a teacher?).

They will also notice that Medicare didn't have a waiting list, until "all" became eligible for it.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Exactly what I posted in another thread. My Dad will be thrilled to go back to making a monthly mortgage payment for his insulin. Their claim is they want to re-evaluate in a few months. The dems are fine with a 1.9 trillion dollar covid stimulus but allowing Trump's EO saving citizens money on their meds was apparently going to cause problems.

Someone explain to me again how the democrats look out for the average guy and not big business.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well we can start with the title of the thread and the conclusions being drawn are at the very least misleading. There is a difference between reversing and freezing. Come March, if three is an actual reversal then those that want to be outraged can be outraged.

The broader question for me though is, when is government and specifically executive action OK when it comes to healthcare? I would think that question is separate from the whether or not we like the outcome of the action. Would you disagree?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    You mean The Establishment found a way to give more money to themselves and their donors, at the expense of the ordinary citizen?

NYY7cDE.jpg

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Allowing providers to buy medicines at discounts, then charge their patients (ie, insurance companies) full retail, is one of the little "system hacks" the sausage-making machine uses to redistribute profits within the supply chain, pick winners and losers, and keep everyone in the industry on the edge of their seats, holding their breath, and waiting in trembling anticipation for the Government's next move. And (of course), sending suitcases full of cash to the right people in an effort to influence that next move.

They did this with Chemotherapy drugs too. Providers had to "qualify" for the discounts by meeting certain thresholds, and the net impact was to force patients to drive longer distances to get their treatments, because the gunshot-laden "County General" hellhole hospitals in the big cities had all the right credentials to qualify for the drug discounts. You like getting your chemo at a small local provider location? **** you.

If You Like Your Health Care...You Can Keep It. (As long as it qualifies*)

And some here voted for this.

(Insert snarky thumb-typed fozo quote here)
    Trying to understand this more.
    Who took the hit when the prices were froze, or discounted or whatever? The insurance companies? The people who happened to hold the inventory at the time ( don’t laugh I’m old timey like that)? The developers? The pharmacies? The hospitals?
    Whatever the answer is, why can the people not get together and force this back down to reasonable?
    Was there a subsidy paid to those who were ‘losing’?

ETA: I wrote this under the impression that a Trump EO had lowered or frozen these costs earlier.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Well we can start with the title of the thread and the conclusions being drawn are at the very least misleading. There is a difference between reversing and freezing. Come March, if three is an actual reversal then those that want to be outraged can be outraged.

The broader question for me though is, when is government and specifically executive action OK when it comes to healthcare? I would think that question is separate from the whether or not we like the outcome of the action. Would you disagree?
    So instead of prices supposed to come down as of yesterday they remain the same till March causing people to keep paying the higher prices for another 2 months and you're cool with that?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Trying to understand this more.
    Who took the hit when the prices were froze, or discounted or whatever? The insurance companies? The people who happened to hold the inventory at the time ( don’t laugh I’m old timey like that)? The developers? The pharmacies? The hospitals?
    Whatever the answer is, why can the people not get together and force this back down to reasonable?
    Was there a subsidy paid to those who were ‘losing’?
    From what I have read, the EO was finalized in December, so I am not sure it was being enforced.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So instead of prices supposed to come down as of yesterday they remain the same till March causing people to keep paying the higher prices for another 2 months and you're cool with that?

There are a lot of things I don't like or think are cool, but I am not certain that government action is the proper way to handle it. Is it ok for me to pick and choose what business practices the government interferes with and be happy with it if it helps me?

Is this a matter that, for you, government should take action on?

If so, then why is it just insulin and epi pens? I am financially affected by the high cost of medications also, but the medications that financially affect me aren't included in the EO.

If it's good for Epi Pens and Insulin, surely everyone in this thread would agree it should extend to all medications not just a chosen couple?

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My understanding was that it wasn't a subsidy but a regulation to stop businesses from enjoying manufacturers discounts on medicines and not passing them on to customers. I can't understand what harm would have been done to allow it until they did whatever re-evaluation they want to do.

It wasn't costing the gov't anything. Canceling it does not benefit the government. It was done to spite Trump, petulant behavior that does nothing but hurt citizens who can't afford $900/mo for insulin.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    My understanding was that it wasn't a subsidy but a regulation to stop businesses from enjoying manufacturers discounts on medicines and not passing them on to customers. I can't understand what harm would have been done to allow it until they did whatever re-evaluation they want to do.

It wasn't costing the gov't anything. Canceling it does not benefit the government. It was done to spite Trump, petulant behavior that does nothing but hurt citizens who can't afford $900/mo for insulin.
    I think you are right. I had subsidy on the brain from my other thread. I am going to reword that post, thanks!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It’s okay, Foz, the diabetics can just use that $2000 check your boy promised.

Oh, $1400 ... oh, that might not come either?

Well, I guess those with diabetes and allergies should just suck it up and be happy we got rid of the bad orange man who said mean things.
    1. He's not my boy.
    2. Your boy promised the $2K last fall and again in Dec.

So I guess you are ok with everyone else sucking it up and being happy because they don't get the same breaks. Those with diabetes and allergies are more deserving in your world. Perhaps you can explain why to those folks?

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Trump didn’t campaign on the $2,000 checks in Georgia like the Dems did. Apples and oranges.

Trump, as I recall, signed multiple EOs to help bring down the prices of prescription drugs. Those are all objectively good. For whatever reason this one must damage some Democrat interest group. But I guess you’re okay with that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^

That buffoon did not write those EO's peoples.
    He did not order them to be written.
    They were prepared by his handlers to slap trump in the pie hole. Every one of them. Hell halfway through he even stated he had no idea what he was signing but he was singing anyway. Cant find that link now butt it was out there yesterday.

Again, he is a shell. A puppet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1. He's not my boy.
    2. Your boy promised the $2K last fall and again in Dec.

So I guess you are ok with everyone else sucking it up and being happy because they don't get the same breaks. Those with diabetes and allergies are more deserving in your world. Perhaps you can explain why to those folks?
    Stop. He was matching. Bidden went full on "Buy your vote" in Georgia or did you not see this. He and his ilk as much as said get us the seats and you will get the $2K........that is :bs: wrong.
    How can this even be argued. Unless that all you live for.....?????

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    ^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^

That buffoon did not write those EO's peoples.
    He did not order them to be written.
    They were prepared by his handlers to slap trump in the pie hole. Every one of them. Hell halfway through he even stated he had no idea what he was signing but he was singing anyway. Cant find that link now butt it was out there yesterday.

Again, he is a shell. A puppet.
    “Salute the Marines.”

Top Bottom