• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Anyone have one? Thoughts? Circumstances may dictate having to switch from a Serpa to another set up. Additionally Would welcome any other suggestions . Can’t say for sure but looks like it may be counter intuitive to use. The of course they is the learning curve to go with switching.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I had one for a while, several years ago, for a Glock 33...used it daily for several months and never quite got the 'fit / feel / hang-of-it' for a natural draw. The 'release' lever was just out of a natural fit for my smaller sized hands, and I finally sold it on eBay. I went back to a top snap leather holster, which was something I was used to and more comfortable with! I've since switched to open-top (Level '0') holsters for EDC.

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Have one for both 1911’s (3” and 5”). Love them. The 3”’is an edc, comfortable and easy to use with great fit and positive retention. Middle finger depresses the release from holster as you start to grip and pull, slides off and wraps around the grip naturally. Does take a little practice but very intuitive imo

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I had one for a while, several years ago, for a Glock 33...used it daily for several months and never quite got the 'fit / feel / hang-of-it' for a natural draw. The 'release' lever was just out of a natural fit for my smaller sized hands, and I finally sold it on eBay. I went back to a top snap leather holster, which was something I was used to and more comfortable with!
    I used a top snap on my first 1911 and it was always bumping off the thumb safety. It’s why I went open top for my carry holsters.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    View attachment 278990
    Little over a year of use.
    Mine arrived yesterday and I took it out today off hours. It seemed to ride a lot closer than the Serpa . Wore it with a Cobra Click belt with shorts on and a 3xl T shirt . ( I am fairly large in stature ) there was no printing and was comfortable with just one shirt on which is a plus this time of year.

Seems like it will be well suited for open carry as well, thankfully Level 4 retention is not needed. but I did have my 1911 in condition 0 and attempted to pull tug and dislodge it and Well I am impressed.

Bug thing now is getting used to the new draw stroke my index finger still rides the slide on the way out it just is different.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Mine arrived yesterday and I took it out today off hours. It seemed to ride a lot closer than the Serpa . Wore it with a Cobra Click belt with shorts on and a 3xl T shirt . ( I am fairly large in stature ) there was no printing and was comfortable with just one shirt on which is a plus this time of year.

Seems like it will be well suited for open carry as well, thankfully Level 4 retention is not needed. but I did have my 1911 in condition 0 and attempted to pull tug and dislodge it and Well I am impressed.

Bug thing now is getting used to the new draw stroke my index finger still rides the slide on the way out it just is different.
    yeah, I leave my index finger there, use the middle finger for release. I almost always cc with a slightly loose fitting shirt.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have had two carry locs for 5+ years, love em. Full size 1911 in one, Ruger SR 45 in the other. The release latch is perfect for me, using my middle finger. I wear a bio belt, and with that belt/holster combo, I have hiked a lot of miles, and used to daily carry the SR45 for a few years. I can’t remember if the two I have are the same model number, but a Glock 19 also fit nicely in on of them.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I have had two carry locs for 5+ years, love em. Full size 1911 in one, Ruger SR 45 in the other. The release latch is perfect for me, using my middle finger. I wear a bio belt, and with that belt/holster combo, I have hiked a lot of miles, and used to daily carry the SR45 for a few years. I can’t remember if the two I have are the same model number, but a Glock 19 also fit nicely in on of them.
    Seem like many utilize their middle finger to release. I am going to have to practice some more with it. I am sure after an hour or so it will become less awkward.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Seem like many utilize their middle finger to release. I am going to have to practice some more with it. I am sure after an hour or so it will become less awkward.
    It seemed really natural to me when I bought the first one, more so than other retention holsters. I liked the first one I bought so much that I picked up the other one less than a week later, but I also think the bio belt is a big part of the comfort.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Bio Belt?

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I use a leather belt from relentless tactical and agree the design of the holster makes these heavy all steel guns a little less heavy. Maybe the leather is filled with helium?

Top Bottom