• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    As much as i hate walmart you're gonna have a hard time beating their prices. I like vizio and lg and they carry both brands. Same tv,basically, i bought 7 years ago(55" lg) for $1500, they carry for under $700

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    No idea, but warranty may not be a bad idea here. Dad got a 60" plasma from hh gregg 2 years ago and it crapped out last month. If not for the warranty, he'd have been screwed. Nowadays electronics are throwaway :(

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    For big electronics purchases I always check out dealnews.com and slickdeals.com to see where the best deals are.

edit: You ever think about getting a refurbished unit? I have bought lots of refurbished things and have saved a lot of money. Many of them still have warranties, especially if they are refurb by the manufacturer. I'm currently waiting on my refurb dyson vacuum to arrive. $229 for this guy, https://www.amazon.com/Dyson-V6-Abs...TF8&qid=1480857275&sr=8-1&keywords=dyson+sv09 manufacturer refurbished. Found the deal on dealnews.

Last edited:

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I got a great deal on a tv for my mom at Best Buy. Not a smart tv but 300.00 for insignia 50". They had a 60" curved screen tv for 1000.00 so they should have a deal on what you are hunting for. Plus they price match! Good luck

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Best Buy occassionally has discontinued models for quite a bit less than the current model. The online and in-store selections are sometimes different so check both.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No idea, but warranty may not be a bad idea here. Dad got a 60" plasma from hh gregg 2 years ago and it crapped out last month. If not for the warranty, he'd have been screwed. Nowadays electronics are throwaway :(
    If you are going to spend a lot on a TV, this is a great idea. My last two TVs both went bad relatively early. The first one I did not have a warranty on. I learned my lesson and got one for the second. That decision got me a new TV three years later, the only cost being the warranty I bought for it.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have bought my last two at ABC Warehouse. They will price match any advertised in-store or on-line store. I found a very obscure website selling the same Panasonic TV for about half. They matched the price and I had the TV that day.

I also agree with the above comment about Walmart. Lots of times they will list stuff cheaper on their website than in the store. Show them the price and they will price match their own website.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I have great luck with HH Gregg with tv's over the last couple decades. Had a 2000.00 50" from them way back with warranty and after 5 years got half the warranty back in cash…that tv is still down in basement, updated to a 55" plasma about 6 years ago on sale for 500.00 no warranty and is on most of the time and doing great, my son had bought same kind from walmart and its 7 years old and going strong. Both are Samsung and I'm sold on Samsung quality.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Costco. They extend the warranty for no extra cost, have a great selection and pricing.

Concierge Two Plus Two Warranty

Costco Concierge Services
    2 YEAR WARRANTY

Costco extends the manufacturer's warranty on Televisions, Tuner-Free Displays, Projectors, Computers* and Major Appliances[SUP]†[/SUP] to 2 years from the date of purchase. See the manufacturer's warranty for specific coverage terms.
    For warranty service, contact Costco Concierge Services at TOLL-FREE 1-866-861-0450.
    Available 5 a.m. - 10 p.m. (PST), 7 days a week, excluding holidays.

To learn more about Costco Concierge Services, Click Here.
    *Excluding Touchscreen Tablets.
    †Refrigerators (above 10 cu. ft), freezers, ranges, cooktops, over-the-range microwaves, dishwashers, washers and dryers.
    Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
    Extended Warranty

In addition to your Costco Concierge Warranty, if you purchase with your Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi, you extend your warranty coverage for an additional
    2 YEARS

You may have 2 extra years added on to your manufacturer’s warranty and your Costco Concierge Warranty, so you can feel more confident when you make purchases with your Costco Anywhere Card and/or your Costco credit card reward certificate. You’re covered for up to $10,000 per item.

Certain terms and conditions apply. Coverage details will be provided upon card membership or you can visit Citi.com/Costco to learn more.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I was just in Wal Mart on 135 in greenwood, they had a 60 or 65" LED for $725 but they only had 3. Personally I'm holding out for a 75" otherwise I'd have put on in my cart.

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    Believe it or not, Christmas season is not the best time to do this. If able, wait until the Super Bowl comes around.

The day after Superbowl is best and Best Buy if you want to coonfinger it before taking it out the door. Online, TigerDirect.com has some interesting offerings.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have great luck with HH Gregg with tv's over the last couple decades. Had a 2000.00 50" from them way back with warranty and after 5 years got half the warranty back in cash…that tv is still down in basement, updated to a 55" plasma about 6 years ago on sale for 500.00 no warranty and is on most of the time and doing great, my son had bought same kind from walmart and its 7 years old and going strong. Both are Samsung and I'm sold on Samsung quality.
    The second TV that went bad for me was one of their 65" flagship TVs. I did replace it with a new 65" Samsung though

Top Bottom