• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yeah...that is why I should stay away from classics. Other than Corvettes, I don't know enough about them. I can do basic mechanic stuff, rebuilt a 350, etc. Don't really enjoy wrenching these days, though.

Snipercop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    SS Indianapolis
    I'd stay away from Gateway... They are a chain that shifts their inventory from one market to the next. A friend of mine purchased a Terminator Mustang from them and it ended up being a lemon. Looked good on the outside, but car showed evidence of structural damage that had recently been patched up and some odd fluids in the crankcase. He found all this during a mechanic's inspection the day after he bought it and they wouldn't work with him at all....being a Mustang guy, I drove a newer 5.0 Coyote about a year ago and personally believe they'd be hard to beat.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Don't really enjoy wrenching these days, though.

I'm sorta like you. I look at the basket cases out there and think; "do I really want to get into this much work?" I don't think I do. I'd rather get one 80% done and finish it up. Looking at all the examples on the hot rod thread, I am beginning to think a later model car might be better for me when I decide to get that "retirement" vehicle.

After I am done with this home reno, I am not sure I want to take on a car resto!:)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    2014 Mustang was very nice. More head room than the Camaro, shifts smoother, and interior is...less busy. I prefer the gages on the Camaro, though, and the HUD.

Mustang doesn't have that stupid 1-4 skip shift.

This particular one has a crash and a repo in it's history, though, so it's out of the running.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    32f1819a3de95612c8ca89eddcf71c8a.jpg

:laugh:

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    2014 Mustang was very nice. More head room than the Camaro, shifts smoother, and interior is...less busy. I prefer the gages on the Camaro, though, and the HUD.

Mustang doesn't have that stupid 1-4 skip shift.

This particular one has a crash and a repo in it's history, though, so it's out of the running.

Just so you know, the annoying skip shift "feature" can be eliminated cheaply.
    Skip-Shift Eliminator - slponline.com

I don't know why GM insists on doing stupid things like this. If I wanted a computer to decide what gear I should use, I would buy an automatic.

Top Bottom