• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My carry routine has gone full on Sig Classic P series. It's always either a P220, P226 or P229. Right now, it's a P226 in .357 Sig. All shoot the same for me and all are configured the same. I've carried strong side OWB for so many years, I don't even feel it there anymore.

The road in my getting to this point is littered with many different types of handguns. Some are still around but most were traded/sold to pay for whatever new hotness was out there.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    That we have for many of us the luxury of age, wisdom, and funds for our mutual hobby. As mentioned, my "first "pistol, was a GI 1911A1.
    Over the years many others have been with me, I have trusted my life upon them, my family, my property, my country.
    All the Colts, Smiths, Glocks, and even a Sig, I have loved them all.
    I will soon join the ranks of the retired, and hope to God I can still afford to enjoy this hobby for as long as I can.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That we have for many of us the luxury of age, wisdom, and funds for our mutual hobby. As mentioned, my "first "pistol, was a GI 1911A1.
    Over the years many others have been with me, I have trusted my life upon them, my family, my property, my country.
    All the Colts, Smiths, Glocks, and even a Sig, I have loved them all.
    I will soon join the ranks of the retired, and hope to God I can still afford to enjoy this hobby for as long as I can.
    I'm edging close to that point myself and do worry about my ability to keep shooting as much as I have when I finally have the time to do it

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    There is no best carry gun.
    It depends on your body type. Your fashion sense. tolerance for recoil, and confidence in the number of rounds you have on you. Do you need the safety of a hammer? Do you want an external safety, or a passive external safety.
    The way you choose to defend your life and your family is an incredibly personal choice, and we are blessed to live in a state where we are able to make the choice for ourselves.
    That being said, the CZ shadow 2 SA/DA is the best concealed carry gun and anyone who says otherwise is a potato head.

Last edited:

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    I carried a Hellcat, the a P365, then a P238 that my dad carried. Every time I would practice with them it would take three or four shots before I could get on target. Once on target I could replicate good shots but those first couple were always way off. What if I need to actually use it? Could I hit an ******* from across a food court or would I just make a loud noise and get myself shot? Those tiny guns don’t work for me.
    So what then? Full size? I would love to carry my P226 around but its just to heavy. If I make my belt tight enough to hold it up it squeezes my guts. Loose enough to be comfortable pulls my pants down and I have to hike them up all day.
    I found a happy medium with a G48. Long enough barrel with sights far enough apart that I can land a good first shot. It only holds 10 rounds but Ill give up those extra five or ten rounds because it fits in my waistband more comfortably. It doesn’t force me to keep my belt super tight to keep my pants up.
    I have heard it said, probably here, the best carry gun is one that you will actually carry and not leave at home. I would much prefer a hammer fired pistol but I don’t know of one with same dims as G48.

mousegun87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mead
    I was watching a YouTube video about the journey of a guy who had carried multiple pistols over the years as "something better" came along. :scratch:
    Sound like anyone you know, haha! :lmfao::ar15:
    Titled: "I Haven't Carried Another Gun Since I Got This One!"
    Hegshot87 on May 27, 2022
    He said, "The one gun that has turned his rotation into a monopoly, 95% of the time. :popcorn:
    (Spoiler: SW Shield Plus) :faint:

He started out stating the Glock 26 was an amazing game-changer at the time (2000-2008).
    Then the original SW Shield & variations, PPS & variations & XDS & variations came along.

Then came the Sig P365, another game-changer, with its size/capacity.
    The 7 & 8 rds CC, all changed to 10 to 13 rounds, thanks to the 365.

He acknowledges that the Taurus GX4 is a fine budget-minded gun & the Sig Hellcat Pro 15 round & Shield 2.0 are great.
    He mentions that his Sig 365 Spectre Comp has the potential to replace the Shield Plus, but not today.

The one that he doesn't see being replaced b/c so special: SW Shield Plus. :coffee:

I thought this was intriguing b/c it reflected my own journey of having tried everything mentioned & more.
    But, no Taurus semi-auto b/c of bad experience with a Taurus 709 Slim & customer service 4-5 years ago. :nono:
    Plus, I'm a big fan of SW, with CZ, Sig, Ruger & "lesser" brands that I've had good experience with.

I also ended up with the SW Shield Plus PC & is in safe now. :rockwoot:
    The next day after buying a Shield Plus, I had a chance to buy a Shield plus Performance Center & did so, enamored by getting a SW PC for $50 more, as luck would have it.
    They both shot the same with my amateur old eyes & hands, so I didn't care which one I kept, although having a "PC" made me feel better about my thrifty/cheap self. :lmfao:
    I let a friend choose which one he wanted & of course he choose the less expensive one, haha! :spend:

I have not been temped to look for another semi-auto since the Shield Plus PC. :dunno:
    I've always loved anything Shield & had a few along the journey.
    I sold an original Shield years ago & jumped on the Sig 365 bandwagon after shooting a friend's when it came out.
    So impressed, I ran, not walked to Rural King an hour away, buying one of the few new guns in my life b/c they weren't stocked nearby after getting a heads up from a member here who know I was hot for one. :ingo:
    Thanks again INGO!!! :thumbsup:

I eventually came back to a Shield 2.0, but was thrilled when I tried the Shield Plus in my hands.
    I instantly knew it was a "Keeper." :wow:
    I have a small Kahr when I need a pocket carry & I still love my revolvers (Ruger LCR, SW 642 & Taurus 856).

View attachment 211581

Shield Plus lower left, Kahr CM9 lower left, CZ Rami mid right.
    View attachment 211590

Shield Plus on top of a Ruger Max9.
    View attachment 211595
    View attachment 211587 View attachment 211588
    I agree. The Shield Plus is a great edc pistol. It is very easy to shoot and accurate to boot. With the release of S&W Equalizer we now have another mag option for Shield Plus with 15 rds.

Christow19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2017
    Greencastle
    View attachment 211653
    Pulled an X-NYPD Gen 2 Glock-19 out of the safe two days ago, I carried it 1992 until 1996, then went to the Academy and the Sheriffs Department carried the G-22/27. I still carried this one off duty.
    Today the G-27 is in the car, a Gen 2 G-23 on me now.
    I go way back to Colt and Smith & Wesson days BG (before Glock).
    Great post and info! I also have a shield, and original, but I’ve shot the Kahrs and liked them. How do you like CM9? I feel like Kahr is an underrated pistol producer. Everyone I’ve shot or held where fine pistols and felt well made

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    6Dqo5sT.jpg

Highly personal question, but what works for my is a P365X with Holosun ,507k and Wilson Combat Grip, group was shot rapid fire 15 yards standing, definitely not the best but not bad for a micro guns. I won't carry a "normal" P365 type gun because my pinky hangs off so I really am liking the trend towards just slightly extending the frames instead of having to use extensions.

Matt47336

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2023
    Fishers
    6Dqo5sT.jpg

Highly personal question, but what works for my is a P365X with Holosun ,507k and Wilson Combat Grip, group was shot rapid fire 15 yards standing, definitely not the best but not bad for a micro guns. I won't carry a "normal" P365 type gun because my pinky hangs off so I really am liking the trend towards just slightly extending the frames instead of having to use extensions.
    I had no idea that Wilson combat grips existed, I just watched a video on it and now I will be buying one for my P365 lol. My pinky hanging off was always my biggest frustration with my daily carry. So thank you for this post!

Top Bottom