Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    I have been a big fan of Evan Williams for a very long time. I prefer to add a splash of ginger ale and it goes well with it. Every other month or so I will get a bottle of something higher tier to have neat. While traveling over the holidays this Chattanooga "Bourbon" Whiskey. I like it alot. I brought a few back to give away and so far everyone seems to like it. It is distributed locally-and it is worth trying.

Attachments

• image-23.png
      image-23.png
      1.5 MB · Views: 8

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I have been a big fan of Evan Williams for a very long time. I prefer to add a splash of ginger ale and it goes well with it. Every other month or so I will get a bottle of something higher tier to have neat. While traveling over the holidays this Chattanooga "Bourbon" Whiskey.. I like it alot. I brought a few back to give away and so far everyone seems to like it. It is distributed locally-and it is worth trying.
    I think thats one my son stops in when traveling through Chattanooga, and he picks up a few bottles of the short runs they do. He enjoys it.
    Edit, yep here's the one he left here last.
    668656560.jpg

668656593.jpg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So a Meijer liquor manager said they now collect allocated liquor and she will get a random call from corporate telling her what to put out on a mobile cart. They then take the cart out and stay with it until all the bottles are gone. No more putting it out on the day it comes in and the same folks waiting for it to come out…

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Here's my dilemma.
    I cannot afford both and if I wait too long, they'll both be gone.
    Which one INGO swigmasters?
    The Kentucky Spirit Single Barrel @101 proof for $66 or the Rare Breed Barrel Proof @ 116 proof for $61.50
    Thanks and I'll await your answers with non-alcoholic breath. 20240119_133916.jpg

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Here's my dilemma.
    The Kentucky Spirit Single Barrel @101 proof for $66 or the Rare Breed Barrel Proof @ 116 proof for $61.50
    Thanks and I'll await your answers with non-alcoholic breath. View attachment 326942
    Really can't go wrong with either. Single Barrel is harder to find if that tips the scales.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Here's my dilemma.
    Thanks and I'll await your answers with non-alcoholic breath. View attachment 326942
    YOLO. Buy both and tighten the budget some where else.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The problem with single barrel is that you might get one you love, and the next time, it's just not as good.

Shoot, a buddy was saying he didn't like his Jefferson Ocean. Was flat, no nose at all. We tried my bottle, and it was much better. Side by side comparison. Guess what!? They came off the SAME VOYAGE!

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    Picked up a bottle of Woodford Double Oaked today. I’m trying to enjoy it, but it just seems too “simple” for my tastes. I tend to prefer higher proof and would blame it on that, but I can name three similar proofed bourbons (Russells 10, Eagle Rare, Makers Mark) that I really enjoy. I suppose that’s what this journey is all about.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    After a long day, I’m sitting here sipping a Russell’s reserve (43.99) so I beat the less than 50 dollar mark!

I guess I’m not much of a bourbon connoisseur , i tend to open and finish a bottle before I move on to the next.

I happened to find a michters at CVS for 45, I haven’t popped the cork on that one yet, but I hear it’s really good!

I have a bottle of green river (made in Owensboro) that’s a 90 proof, another one I hear great things about, I hear it’s very smooth!

Dammit…which do I open next???

Top Bottom