• ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I loved the blue label Penelope, so I decided to grab the white(cheap) one this time.

I really can't think of anything I like better at that price point.

SSlNchtl.jpg
    Architect and BS are my 2 favorites of theirs. Little disappointed in Toasted.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I've never paid less than $50 for this one before, but Meijer had it on sale for $44. So now it's my under $50 GOAT...

wWuFuI4l.jpg

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I know he’s on vacation for a while, but I just picked up a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch Select and before posting in the thread for the first time in ages.

I thought I would rewind a few pages and see what’s up before posting. It’s no surprise BigRed likes this stuff. Really has nice deep, rich flavor and even though it’s fairly high proof, the alcohol never gets in the way. I can leave this on the pallet as long as I want and never ever get any harsh burn. Outstanding.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I am puzzled. Every time I look at bourbon there are new brands I have never heard of before. We all know most do not distill their own, they buy it. Why is there so much available that all these new brands can pop up all the time but not enough for Eagle Rare or Blantons?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I am puzzled. Every time I look at bourbon there are new brands I have never heard of before. We all know most do not distill their own, they buy it. Why is there so much available that all these new brands can pop up all the time but not enough for Eagle Rare or Blantons?

Because MGP is HUGE. They are sitting on millions of barrels. They are happy to let anybody mix-n-match and blend to create their own unique 'craft' bourbon.

The Eagle Rare you are trying to buy today was put in a barrel in 2013. They didn't anticipate the demand would be so high for it in 2023 so there isn't enough out there. That's why the distiller allocates it.

I'm a big fan of Heaven Hill BiB. It's 7 years old and for the last couple years has been hard to find due to allocation. I had good luck finding it in Illinois for about $65. The only bottle I saw in Indiana, I paid $75 for and the local store I bought it at had a case come in last year right before Christmas. They never put it out on the shelf. They'd pull it out from behind the counter and offered it to frequent customers who were buying other stuff, a very common practice, especially around the holidays.

If it's an indication of trend, Heaven Hill BiB was recently removed from allocation. Probably because 7 years ago they cranked up production of it. I can now buy it at my local Meijer for $44. For the last two weeks anyways, the shelf has remained stocked in spite of best efforts to put a dent in their inventory.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Because MGP is HUGE. They are sitting on millions of barrels. They are happy to let anybody mix-n-match and blend to create their own unique 'craft' bourbon.

The Eagle Rare you are trying to buy today was put in a barrel in 2013. They didn't anticipate the demand would be so high for it in 2023 so there isn't enough out there. That's why the distiller allocates it.

I'm a big fan of Heaven Hill BiB. It's 7 years old and for the last couple years has been hard to find due to allocation. I had good luck finding it in Illinois for about $65. The only bottle I saw in Indiana, I paid $75 for and the local store I bought it at had a case come in last year right before Christmas. They never put it out on the shelf. They'd pull it out from behind the counter and offered it to frequent customers who were buying other stuff, a very common practice, especially around the holidays.

If it's an indication of trend, Heaven Hill BiB was recently removed from allocation. Probably because 7 years ago they cranked up production of it. I can now buy it at my local Meijer for $44. For the last two weeks anyways, the shelf has remained stocked in spite of best efforts to put a dent in their inventory.
    Grabbed another Heaven Hill BIB at Portage Meijer for $49.99

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    IMG_1611.png
    Picked up a bottle of this a couple years back and sampled it again tonight.

Highly recommend if you ca find for under $50

Smoothness comprable to Angels Envy with very little burn for the proof.

Nice high rye flavor profile.

Top Bottom