• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Bardstown DISCOVERY is pretty amazing, at 122.21 proof its a potent drink too so a very little goes a long way. I've got bottles of 4 or 5 different Bardstown offerings in my bourbon cabinets.

FUSION is OK, but I am honestly underwhelmed. I'd take a regular bottle of Makers Mark over FUSION as a better value. But then again, I think all bourbon should be judged against Makers Mark, it is my baseline for all bourbons. If something costs twice as much as MM it needs to be twice as good, costs 3x as much as MM it needs to be 3x as good. I'm not convinced that FUSION is actually better, but it costs more.

* Just my opinion and worth no more than what you paid for it.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Yeah I've only had one of the discoveries -- very rye heavy one that's quite good but sweeter than I like. Lady LOVES it. Generally the discoveries are more $$ than I feel like spending.

I'm very much not a makers fan, but I know lots of people love it. I'll take turkey over makers, personally, but again all a matter of taste. There arent really any BAD bourbons, and the best ones are impossible to find so in the end just a matter of what you like.

Bardstown DISCOVERY is pretty amazing, at 122.21 proof its a potent drink too so a very little goes a long way. I've got bottles of 4 or 5 different Bardstown offerings in my bourbon cabinets.

FUSION is OK, but I am honestly underwhelmed. I'd take a regular bottle of Makers Mark over FUSION as a better value. But then again, I think all bourbon should be judged against Makers Mark, it is my baseline for all bourbons. If something costs twice as much as MM it needs to be twice as good, costs 3x as much as MM it needs to be 3x as good. I'm not convinced that FUSION is actually better, but it costs more.

* Just my opinion and worth no more than what you paid for it.

Lilbear0880

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2020
    Lebanon
    breckenridge-bourbon.jpg

Total Beverage - Thornton Colorado's Biggest Wine & Liquor Store

SOOOO good. I love it in my top 3. I also love Redneck Riveria the owner is John Rich. Its under $20 and might be some of the smoothest no bite stuff I've ever had. Infact after having Breck and Redneck I'm done drinking Jack.. Its over priced and just doesn't do it for me anymore

Lilbear0880

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2020
    Lebanon
    Infact Im going to Great Smokey National Park in two weeks and going to be near Pigeon Forge, gonna be hitting up Old Forged Moonshine anyone know of some must visit distillery down that way?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Bulleit has never steered me wrong. Hell, I even prefer it to some of the higher end stuff.

There is a lot of high end stuff that is not worth the money.

I love to try high end bourbons but I keep myself grounded with a basic (or two). Makers Mark is the bourbon by which I judge all others. If I spend $150 for a bottle, and I do, then I expect it to be a lot better, or at least a lot different and somewhat better, than a $30 bottle.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Alittle over $50 by like 20 bucks, not easily found now, but what is?

Elijah Craig Barrel Proof
    Or if you arent into the higher proof stuff just pick up a bottle of the regular Elijah craig at your local liquor or grocery store.
    I think you will be pleased with the great flavors.

I would.put the barrel proof stuff up against many of the top "unicorns" of the bourbon world. And for much much cheaper.
    They release 3 different batches of the barrel proof per year. Just like the larceny barrel proof. Which if you like wheated bourbon that's one to try.
    Although I prefer makers cask strength or weller, over larceny

Top Bottom