• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Barrel Proof EC (C920) is just flat out amazing to me. I wish I had an extra couple bottles of it but I struggle to find that one more than damn near anything else.

Last edited:

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Barrel Proof EC (C920) is just flat out amazing to me. I wish I had an extra couple bottles of it but I struggle to find that one more than damn near anything else.
    I have only been able to fine the A121, but I agree. Wish I could find the others.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Visited Total Wine & Spirits in Nora (NE Indy) today and picked up a couple staples in my cabinet.
    Both were way under the $50 mark, matter of fact, best price I've found on both bottles.
    If you're in the area, check it out, this place is a wonderland of swig.
    20210417_121331.jpg 20210417_121303.jpg

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Opened my 9 year single barrel Knob Creek 20 minutes ago for a couple deserved Sunday afternoon glasses. One word its HOT. 120 proof so somewhat expected but still really good as I tend to like spicy and warmer bourbon.

12 year is the best by far of the group. 15 year is a little more oak flavor for sure but 12 takes the cake. Let my friend have the bottle of 15 year we opened last week he loved it but really like strong oaky bourbon.

CHEERS! 20210418_181607.jpg

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Opened my 9 year single barrel Knob Creek 20 minutes ago for a couple deserved Sunday afternoon glasses. One word its HOT. 120 proof so somewhat expected but still really good as I tend to like spicy and warmer bourbon.

12 year is the best by far of the group. 15 year is a little more oak flavor for sure but 12 takes the cake. Let my friend have the bottle of 15 year we opened last week he loved it but really like strong oaky bourbon.

CHEERS! View attachment 136218
    May I ask where ya found the single barrel? I just opened my first Knob Creek bottle (reg 9 year) and really like it. Can't find the Single Barrel in any of my local stores and I definitely prefer the high octane stuff.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    May I ask where ya found the single barrel? I just opened my first Knob Creek bottle (reg 9 year) and really like it. Can't find the Single Barrel in any of my local stores and I definitely prefer the high octane stuff.

Superior Liquor in greenwood off US 31 by Rural King had a bunch of it. There was still several cases still there on thursday when I stopped by to look and see if any new stock was in.

Honestly they are one of the better bourbon stops around southside. That is where I snagged the 12 and 15 last month.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I honestly find Buffalo Trace to be reasonably flavorless. Just doesn't do it for me. Bulleit is pretty good.

But for me, Makers Mark is the low priced standard by which I judge all bourbon. If Makers is under $30 and something else costs $60 it better have a lot more flavor and be a lot better. If it costs $90 then it damn well better be really good. I'll pay a high price for a limited edition/rare release but I want value too.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Four Roses is legit. Ive only had it once, but i do remember it being very good.
    There are lots of different Four Roses varieties. They have several different mash recipes they use, decoding them requires a secret squirrel decoder ring, but if you find one you like you should make a note on which one it was because their flavor profiles are different depending upon which mash recipe they use (they list it on the bottle)

RevolverGuy75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2021
    Central IN
    Woodford is very good. Also try Buffalo Trace. It's a pretty inexpensive and very highly rated bourbon.

I'm currently enjoying some 1776, Elijah Craig, Four Roses single, and Hirsch. All around 50. The Hirsch is just amazing
    Woodford is very good. Also try Buffalo Trace. It's a pretty inexpensive and very highly rated bourbon.

I'm currently enjoying some 1776, Elijah Craig, Four Roses single, and Hirsch. All around 50. The Hirsch is just amazing.
    Yes! Fan of Buffalo Trace for flavor and price!

Top Bottom