• SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    A74E318F-526B-45A9-AEE5-AC2D65687E33.jpeg

So, my "toe in the water" on bourbon kinda expanded. I've since added Old Grand-Dad Bonded 100 proof for a high rye Old Fashioned mixer. Was a toss-up with Wild Turkey 101, but have a nephew-in-law who pitches OGD as a staple bourbon. Got it, the syrup and bitters from Meijers... so thanks for the tip to look there.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I remember seeing EH Taylor at Kroger long ago before I knew anything about bourbon and I contemplated buying it. In the end I left it on the shelf. Now hearing everyone rave I wish I would have gotten it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I bought a bottle of Chatanooga Whiskey's cask strength (111 proof) bourbon this week (In Nashville)... it's nice.

Last edited:

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Sorry bout the thread jack, just wanted to show off some custom bourbon barrel heads a fellow Hoosier crafts.
    Looking forward to them hanging in the man cave. 20210409_154513.jpg 20210409_154505.jpg
    .............and they smell great!

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Had a little tasting at a friends house with a few bottles he did not have and a few I did not have.

For me EH Taylor won my 1st place vote with EC 18 a close second.

For him it was the EC 18 and the Angels Envy Rye which is really one of my favorites also that I can actually find on the shelf at about anytime.

Had a good time and a little bit of a headache this morning ;)

20210410_205839.jpg

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Had a little tasting at a friends house with a few bottles he did not have and a few I did not have.

For me EH Taylor won my 1st place vote with EC 18 a close second.

For him it was the EC 18 and the Angels Envy Rye which is really one of my favorites also that I can actually find on the shelf at about anytime.

Had a good time and a little bit of a headache this morning ;)

View attachment 135066
    That Willet's Pot Still, trying to blend into the crowd, is one of my favorite "low proof" guilty pleasures.
    A tasting, if done correctly, will leave ya with a next morning headache, lol.
    Looks like ya had a good night with a friend and enjoyed some fine bourbons, thats gotta be worth a headache.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    My wife recently got an old fashioned at a local bar that she loved, it was super sweet. Like tiny umbrella tropical beach drink sweet.

Not how I like an old fashioned, but I've been trying to duplicate it for her at home with no luck.

I saw this at Meijer and figured for $4, it's worth a shot.

1oz of mixer, 2oz of Bulleit rye, a dash of bitters, and a drunken cheery. She says it's better than the one at the bar...
    Gave it a try this past weekend, and a definite thumbs up from the wife and I. She liked it per the recipe. On my second, a bit less syrup, a bit more OGD... pretty darned good!

546932CA-6E09-4A0D-BD90-F2DE377DB7A9.jpeg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Picked up a bottle of Carl T from Indiana's own Starlight. Its over $50 but barrel proof and pretty hot. Tame it down with some melting ice and it will bring take the burn away.

Also picked up a bottle of Weller Full Proof, a Jefferson's Wheated and a bottle of Redemption High Rye Bourbon

Top Bottom