• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blinky85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I'm new to the forum and thought I'd make my first post the big question I'm facing right now. I've recently applied for my LTCH (the old-fashioned way :() and I'm now beginning the hunt for the gun that will best fit my needs which are:

• Not too large to easily conceal (IWB more than likely)
    • Reliable and accurate (it will serve as home defense as well)
    • Around $400 as this is most of the money I have set aside for this purchase. ($500 is my max, but it leaves me with nothing for ammo purchases)
    I've looked at several different guns ranging from the Kel-Tec P11 and PF9, the Taurus 709, and now I've found myself drooling over the XD... I thought I'd reach out to INGO and see what others may suggest.

Thanks for all the help in advance.:ingo:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I'm new to the forum and thought I'd make my first post the big question I'm facing right now. I've recently applied for my LTCH (the old-fashioned way :() and I'm now beginning the hunt for the gun that will best fit my needs which are:

• Not too large to easily conceal (IWB more than likely)
    • Reliable and accurate (it will serve as home defense as well)
    • Around $400 as this is most of the money I have set aside for this purchase. ($500 is my max, but it leaves me with nothing for ammo purchases)
    I've looked at several different guns ranging from the Kel-Tec P11 and PF9, the Taurus 709, and now I've found myself drooling over the XD... I thought I'd reach out to INGO and see what others may suggest.

Thanks for all the help in advance.:ingo:
    CZ-75 or a clone like EAA, It's a little bit bigger than the other guns you mention, but plenty accurate & fits the hand like a glove:yesway:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Used Glock 19 or 26 or an XD can be found in that price range.
    Ruger sr9 or sr9c are close to that range
    If you only want new then the S&W Sigma is in that price range. The Sigma is a pretty good gun, just does not have a great trigger. Good luck with your decision.

blinky85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I forgot to mention I do plan on hitting up the Fort Wayne gun show next month as well as the 1500 in Indy... so if anyone knows of any frequent stands that I should check out for this purchase let me know.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    If I had $400 Id get a new Ruger P95 and an extra magazine and box of cheapo ammo to test it out. Seriously for $400 you could get a used Beretta, Glock,DX,CZ or maybe even a Sig. Just inspect any used gun as carefully as you can but all the used quality big names Ive got have had no problems.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I will also say that a used Glock 19 could be the best gun for you.
    Its also very easy to find a good holster for this model (not that easy for the Kel Tecs).

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    The 1500 will be like a candy show to you. You should handle just about every 9mm (if that is the caliber you are set on) you can get your hands on and see what suits YOU the best. There will be a wide variety of new and used guns that you can handle. You don't need to buy at the 1500, oftentimes your best price will NOT be there, but instead at one of our local gun stores, but the $10 entry fee will get more variety of 9mm pistols into your hands in one place than just about anywhere else. I personally am fond of SIGs in 9mm (the P228 especially), and you probably won't find even a well-used one of those at the 1500 for $400, but they are out there in the general public for a FTF transaction occasionally.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I forgot to mention I do plan on hitting up the Fort Wayne gun show next month as well as the 1500 in Indy... so if anyone knows of any frequent stands that I should check out for this purchase let me know.

At the Ft Wayne show check out ZX Guns from Goshen (usually have red table covers), 21st Century from Bluffton, and Ranger Supply from Ft Wayne.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I will also say that a used Glock 19 could be the best gun for you.
    Its also very easy to find a good holster for this model (not that easy for the Kel Tecs).

No matter which pistol I try for CCW I keep coming back to the Glock 19, great size, weight, balance, capacity etc.... if not I CCW a 1911, sort of opposites I know but I have carried these for years so.... its comfortable.

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    Another vote for a used Glock 19. Awesome gun and hard to beat. Might have to really look to find one for $400 though.

Top Bottom