• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drobpk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Indy and South Florida
    Let me try again - I hit the wrong key and lost my post. This Sigma series is terrific. My SW9VE was priced right, is easy to use and is pretty accurate. The weight is very light. Possibly too big for CCW but easier than a Glock 19. I like the fact that you can have 16 rounds loaded and you get a spare magazine when you order it.

drobpk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Indy and South Florida
    Let me add to my previous post that I have a Kahr CW9, which is easier to conceal, and shoots well, but it just isn't as smooth shooting as my SW9VE. IT definitely conceals better, but I still like the idea of having 16 rounds available in my mag over having 6 rounds.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I'm going to assume that the $400 budget is pre tax. With that budget you can get a couple nice used pistols but you may need to search a bit to find them in your price range. You should have no issue finding a Ruger SR40c or SR9c. Both can be found for around $379 before taxes/transfer fee. You can get a S&W Sigma or a couple Taurus pistols but the Ruger would be the best for a new pistol. There are also some XD pistols floating around for $399, but it will not have the XD gear (not a huge loss).

If your ok with used. You can find a Glock, XD, CZ, EAA, etc. There are quite a few compact used pistols for that price. Best of luck to you.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Dont know where you guys are looking for guns...but around these parts...you cant touch a used glock for $400.

I will however motion as well for the sr9...fits like a glove.

Or even a used cop trade beretta.

God bless
    -Shred

jabean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I agree it is hard to buy a GLOCK for under 400 ,I did this weekend at Indy ,but you have to not be in a rush cause those deals dont come around like they use too, doubt you would ever buy one off a dealer for that ,but their are still people walking around at gun shows that dont know what the going price is for a gun and will settle for the price they paid for it or less.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I picked up a police trade in 5906 S & W for $425 in really nice shape. Stainless steel and a good SA/DA shooter. Built to last forever. A little heavier than a composite gun, but I'm happy with it.

CDNN has those for $299. I paid about what you did for mine but I wouldn't trade it for 2 tupperware guns.:dunno:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    It's funny I am just now opening this thread and seeing how many "used G19" responses there have been.

It looks like the LNIB G19(gen 3) I picked up today for $425 shipped with 4 mags was the right choice.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I just switched from the XD9 to the Kahr CW9 for carry. The XD9 is great but a bit bulky and large while the Kahr CW9 is great for IWB carry.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I'll echo the sentiment of getting your hands on a few and trying them.

If you can't get access to some I'd be happy to let you come out shooting with us and try an XD, XDSC, XDM, and a Glock 22. Assuming you're not a weirdo :):

Also, don't listen to that guy that posted before me. From what I've seen his opinion doesn't carry much weight around here. :D

Top Bottom