• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Anyone here have any experience with the Beretta PX4 Storm SubCompact? My girlfriend, is considering purchasing the Storm SC for her first handgun in 9mm. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with the weapon.

PS:

The reason I ask is that she cannot purchase a gun without my permission, just like I can't buy clothes without her permission. It's fair.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If she likes it, and if she has no intention of shooting you, then give her permission. I'd never want to talk a woman out of any handgun she likes because for a woman to pick a handgun is like a woman picking out new shoes or a new purse. It has to 'go' with her other stuff.

msmith103

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    Hendricks County
    I would let her. Does she plan on using it with you or on you??:D In all seriousness though, I cannot get my girlfriend to get on for herself. Be glad she found something comfortable that works for her cause mine can't.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    My wife sees a gun she likes she buy's it ..
    One word of advice if she has to have your permission she will be someone elses girlfriend before you know it ...lol:D

seriously if she likes it ....it's hers ...love seeing a lady join our awsome hobby :ingo::patriot:

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Personally, I would recommend against the idea of armed girlfriends, unless she is one of the logical types with above-average control of her emotions.
    I say this as the near-recipient of a Glaser Safety Slug, fired at me from my own Colt .357, during an argument with an ex where I was starting to pack my bags to leave. The only reason I am here to type this was a combination of her being a crappy shot, and her dropping the gun from the unexpected level of noise from firing indoors.

PMS + Loaded Handgun = You be dead meat, homie! :ar15:

Edit: In fairness, I must also add that I bought a Glock compact for a different girlfriend, and that was all good. She was ex-military though, and very much in control of her emotions. I survived that relationship without any gunfire. :)

Last edited:

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Well, like any woman, she is emotional. But, she has always enjoyed shooting with me and has been searching for a handgun that is right for her. But, I am going to check it out today and give her the okay.

It's hard to make an argument against a hot woman that wants a handgun. I suppose I should say that "permission" is not the word I should have used. With her being new to guns, she is deferring to my judgment regarding the make and model of a gun she might want. I would not object to my lady owning a gun, I just want to make sure she gets one that is right for her.

For example, initially, she wanted a Desert Eagle. That is sexy, but, a little much for a first firearm. If she picks it up, it will probably be at the end of the week when she gets paid. Then, I will most certainly post pictures of her with it for all to see and appreciate.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I have one, I had the fullsize as well. I sold the fullsize and kept the sc. I have 500+ through it without a problem. I thought about selling it and couldn't let it go. It's a great gun.

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Never heard a bad thing about the SC. I've got the full size PX4 in .40, and I love it. Berettas are solid guns. :yesway:

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Thanks for all the insight everybody. I just went and checked it out at Cabelas. Seems like a well made gun. The magazine has a mechanism for a finger-extension on the grip. That's pretty cool. Safety and de-cocking lever as well. All-in-all I think it will be a good first purchase for her. I am going to recommend that she buy it.

I also did some research on the Beretta brand on Wikipedia. Very interesting to me is that the company has been in business, owned and run by the Beretta family for 500+ years. I like that. It's a family owned business. You don't see that very much anymore and certainly for not that length of time.

I will post pictures of her with it when she buys it.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Just a quick Px4 question, if it's not too far off the thread: Does the safety leaver on the Px4 flip "up" for fire? That's how it looks in the pics. Thx.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Just a quick Px4 question, if it's not too far off the thread: Does the safety leaver on the Px4 flip "up" for fire? That's how it looks in the pics. Thx.

Yes, it does. When I went to look at it, I was having trouble with that since I carry a 1911. But, nice gun.

I was just thinking about this, she buys it, it basically makes it my gun too.

We have a great relationship.

I can hear the conversation now.

"Oh, you work in a Federal building baby, that's okay, I don't, I can carry that for you."

"Oh, you can't carry it to school, that's okay, I have my degree already. I can carry it while you are in class."

"I know you bought it sweetie, but since you are not using it right now, I can. You don't want it to sit there in the case lonely do you?"

This is going to be great!:rockwoot:

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Yes, it does. When I went to look at it, I was having trouble with that since I carry a 1911. But, nice gun.

Don't know if you have much experience with DA/SA guns, but most people don't use the safety on them...only using the lever as a decocker. I'd leave it on "fire" all the time, the double action trigger is quite enough to guard against unintentional discharge.

My PX4 is the "C" model, a precocked constant action trigger. It's similar to the DAK or LEM trigger on a Sig or HK, same short DA trigger pull for each shot, and no lever to mess with. I really, really like it. I'd be tempted to pick up a PX4 subcompact if they come out with the "C" variant in that model.

I'm not really sure about the SC model, but on the full size, you can convert the standard F model (safety and decocker) to a G model, which is a spring loaded "decock lever only" that returns to "fire" automatically after you decock. I like this option, as you won't accidentally engage the safety in the heat of a stressful situation. You can also get a slim profile lever when converting to a G model, instead of the standard lever, which protrudes a bit much for my tastes.

Nice little pistols!

tgent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    thumbs up for px4

Just bought one about a week ago. I've put 100 rounds through it without a problem. Seems like a solid, well built gun and a pleasure to shoot. I'm happy with it so far and would recommend it.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I agree for a seasoned shooter, using the DA trigger is fine for guarding against accidental discharges. It's going to be my girlfriend's first gun and I prefer that she learn on a weapon with a safety catch. I also think that she will become more apt to proper firearm safety because it will be HERS. For me, yeah, I could handle the DA trigger, but this is hers. I will remember that though, when I am carrying it for her.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Don't know if you have much experience with DA/SA guns, but most people don't use the safety on them...only using the lever as a decocker. I'd leave it on "fire" all the time, the double action trigger is quite enough to guard against unintentional discharge.

My PX4 is the "C" model, a precocked constant action trigger. It's similar to the DAK or LEM trigger on a Sig or HK, same short DA trigger pull for each shot, and no lever to mess with. I really, really like it. I'd be tempted to pick up a PX4 subcompact if they come out with the "C" variant in that model.

I'm not really sure about the SC model, but on the full size, you can convert the standard F model (safety and decocker) to a G model, which is a spring loaded "decock lever only" that returns to "fire" automatically after you decock. I like this option, as you won't accidentally engage the safety in the heat of a stressful situation. You can also get a slim profile lever when converting to a G model, instead of the standard lever, which protrudes a bit much for my tastes.

Nice little pistols!
    I haven't heard of any plan to release any version of the sc except the f as of now... Beretta hasn't even released the .40 cal version and the 9 has been out over a year. As far as the conversions go... the safety/decock levers are the same in the fullsize and sc... So you can convert it just the same as the fullsize by removing the check ball or putting stealth levers on it. I'm getting ready to buy the stealth levers to convert mine to g.... Now I just carry it with the safety off.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Educate me.

What's a stealth lever? :dunno:
    There are different options available from beretta as far as the size when it comes to decocker/safety lever, mag release, and slide catch. The sc already has the stealth slide catch. The stealth is the smallest, making it a smoother gun, good for carry purposes. Pic I snatched from beretta forum... not the greatest but you get the idea.

PX4-SC_Carry-b.jpg

PX4-SC_Carry-a.jpg

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Gotcha. I was thinking something along those lines. It's a very cool looking handgun. I can't wait til she buys it Friday. Then, I can confiscate it in the name of the people!

Top Bottom