• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coda80

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    i have a beretta cx4 9mm that i purchased about 1 month ago. i love the gun and its a blast to shoot but i noticed about two weeks ago while cleaning it that something rattles when you shake it. i took it apart as far as i could but i think something is inside the molded stock, maybe a loose piece of resin. also at that time a tiny flat piece of metal maybe 1/8 inch square fell out. it dosent seem to fit anywhere in the gun but it has a small wear mark directly in the center it. all of the guns fuctions still work fine but i am mildly concerned about it. any ideas about its purpose or is it maybe a rogue piece of metal left over from manufacturing?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Took my CX4 Storm apart and noticed a rattle in the fire control group area. Mine is one of the first Storms produced and I have fired several thousand rounds through it. To be honest I never noticed the rattle before while cleaning, and really can't pinpoint what is causing it, but I can tell you that Beretta builds such wide tolerances into their firearms, rattles don't surprise me.

As to that square of metal that fell out, that I can't figure. If you could post a photo that might help.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just thought, the mag lock is a tiny piece of metal. If your mags still lock in correctly, it might just be an extra piece. If not, that piece of metal might be what locks the mag in the grip.

Top Bottom