• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vermilionbird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Oct 17, 2020
    South Bend
    I carried/shot a S&W Model 64 DAO exclusively for about a year and a half and it made me a big fan of double action triggers. Always wanted a 92D but that's a future me problem

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I had one briefly! I bought it thinking itd be nice since "it's basically a model 64 but magnums!"

I ended up selling it because it shot 3 inches left at 10 yards and with fixed sights, it's not something I wanted to try and deal with.

I know a S&W-trained armorer who lives near me. His son told me when fixed-barrel revolvers don't shoot correctly the way to correct the problem is to strike the barrel with a lead bar. I think the gun is locked in a vice first. This method doesn't scratch the barrel or deform it in any way.

vermilionbird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Oct 17, 2020
    South Bend
    I know a S&W-trained armorer who lives near me. His son told me when fixed-barrel revolvers don't shoot correctly the way to correct the problem is to strike the barrel with a lead bar. I think the gun is locked in a vice first. This method doesn't scratch the barrel or deform it in any way.

My model 65 had a 2-piece barrel (with the sleeve and all) so I was curious at the time how one would go about adjusting that. Not sure if banging on it with a lead bar would work in that case.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Somewhere on here is a thread about the Ohio State Police 96D that my sister in law (and her husband) inherited from my mother in law. Still in pretty good shape. Electroless nickel finish.

They don't shoot it. :-(

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Somewhere on here is a thread about the Ohio State Police 96D that my sister in law (and her husband) inherited from my mother in law. Still in pretty good shape. Electroless nickel finish.

They don't shoot it. :-(

I just bought one on Gunbroker. It should be here soon. I have the Ohio Highway Patrol S&W 681 and their Beretta. Now I just need their Sig P226 in 40 S&W to complete my collection.

From Indiana I just need the ISP Glock 17 and 21

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I just bought one on Gunbroker. It should be here soon. I have the Ohio Highway Patrol S&W 681 and their Beretta. Now I just need their Sig P226 in 40 S&W to complete my collection.

From Indiana I just need the ISP Glock 17 and 21

Your best bet may be to just Google up gun shops in Ohio and start asking questions.

rfyockey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2020
    Lucasville
    86693dcfd39aff73b6050448d5e5ad6f.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I picked up a 96D Cemturion police trade-in last week in an auction for project gun. I was shocked by the DAO trigger! Nice with a crisp reset. In fact so impressed not doing anything to trigger. Dropped off to a shop this week for a Cerakote job. Quite a bit of dings and nicks. But really thinking it may end up being carry gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    86693dcfd39aff73b6050448d5e5ad6f.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I picked up a 96D Cemturion police trade-in last week in an auction for project gun. I was shocked by the DAO trigger! Nice with a crisp reset. In fact so impressed not doing anything to trigger. Dropped off to a shop this week for a Cerakote job. Quite a bit of dings and nicks. But really thinking it may end up being carry gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was surprised by the trigger and like it like you. It is a nice shooter and muzzle flip is not that much more than 9mm

455 Beretta

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    WLaf
    Those slick-slides are beautiful. The Beretta D actions are sleepers.

I have a Beretta Mini-Cougar 8000D. I love the revolver-like trigger, plus no safety.

I’d like to find a 92D with that kind of patina.

Mason513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2020
    NWI
    I know this is an old thread, but my neighbor is selling one of these, what would be a good price for him to start selling it at?

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I know this is an old thread, but my neighbor is selling one of these, what would be a good price for him to start selling it at?
    It’s going to depend on condition and buyer. I have seen them at

My half sarcastic but half about what I have seen (everyone has seen that super deal of the season maybe cheaper but)

Going out of Marriage Price $300-400

Average $450-550

Seller trying the pre ban angle 600 plus

Again this is just what I have seen when they do come up!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom