• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    I was wanting to know what the difference is between the u.s made and the italian made version. And I was wanting to know what the f.s. Stood for. I was wanting one I've handled several and I think I'm going to get one just wanted to know which one is better.
    Thanks for the input.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    [STRIKE]I was under the impression fs stood for full size or full sized. [/STRIKE]edit

A few things my mind also thinks fs should stand for
    fully sexy
    Fun sized
    functionally sound
    Functional semi automatic
    france sucks
    f*****' sexy
    For saftey

Oh yeah if made in usa or italy they would be the same gun.. berretta standards would apply

Last edited:

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    And I was wanting to know what the f.s. Stood for.
    The FS has an oversized hammer pin that will prevent the rear part of the slide from activating your dental plan should you decide to run a bunch of subgun ammo through an old pre-"FS" 92 with an improperly heat-treated slide. The joke is that it stands for "fixed safety".

The 92 is a fine pistol, other than being as big as a house for a 9mm 15-shooter. Most military complaints from the sandbox seem to be a result of poorly-maintained 20+ year-old guns using shoddy third-party contract magazines. I never had an issue with any of the 92-pattern Berettas I've owned.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    The FS has an oversized hammer pin that will prevent the rear part of the slide from activating your dental plan should you decide to run a bunch of subgun ammo through an old pre-"FS" 92 with an improperly heat-treated slide. The joke is that it stands for "fixed safety".

The 92 is a fine pistol, other than being as big as a house for a 9mm 15-shooter. Most military complaints from the sandbox seem to be a result of poorly-maintained 20+ year-old guns using shoddy third-party contract magazines. I never had an issue with any of the 92-pattern Berettas I've owned.
    ^Well some gun shop lied to me bad.. If it wasn't so long ago, I would send a letter the the shop. Stating my concerns.
    I was under the impression fs stood for full size or full sized.
    ^what the gun shop lied to me about.. :xmad:

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Theres just something wrong about buying a ferrari from detroit, though. :laugh:

So is the fs the italian version?

Beretta 92FS 9mm 15RD BL *ITALY* $563.00 SHIPS FREE

I guess I don't understand this question. If indeed you are purchasing the one that is in this advert. and is as pictured. This one was made in ITALY! Its clearly stamped Italy. It depends on how they are stamped. Please click links below..
    Either stamping you will get the same gun internally and externally except. Just one will be stamped differently. One will be made more than likely by an American Citizen. The other a Citizen of Italy. Your choice.

USA

Italy

92FS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Phoenix
    "The FS has an enlarged hammer pin that fits into a groove on the underside of the slide. The main purpose is to stop the slide from flying off the frame to the rear if it cracks. This was in response to reported defective slides during U.S. Military testing."

For more detailed information:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_92#92FS

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    You won't be disappointed. I have countless thousands of rounds through the Beretta's both military and civie models. It's my EDC and by far one of my favorite pistols. It really makes little to no difference where it's made. Get it, shoot it, enjoy.

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    You won't be disappointed. I have countless thousands of rounds the Beretta's both military and civie models. It's my EDC and by far one of my favorite pistols. It really makes little to no difference where it's made. Get it, shoot it, enjoy.
    Huh...

That explains a lot of your malfunction... :D

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I own a 92 FS, made in Italy, that I bought 20 years ago. In my opinion(you know, like ***holes) the edges and finish are slightly smoother than the American made guns I have seen. Perhaps due to the older Italian equipment producing the guns (at the time) :dunno:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Huh...

That explains a lot of your malfunction... :D

:DI love them. Granted, there are some WELL used military ones but personal use ones don't generally get put through that much abuse. I also love 1911's, a couple different Sigs. Not a huge Glock fanboy, but I have a couple of them.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Honestly, I've NEVER had any real problems with them. This one that I'm carrying now is one I bought WELL used when I first got back home. It functioned great for a while, then started having some FTE issues. Replaced the ejector, springs, and extractor. Runs 100% again.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Here is one guys observations who owns both American & Italian made 92FS's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNCSFSYsa1M

In the very end of this the guy said that the m9 only difference was in the markings as well. I though the curve in the grip was slightly different from the FS and that the M9 had fixed sights where the FS has steked sights. and... and and.. ahem..

Interesting video!

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I guess I don't understand this question. If indeed you are purchasing the one that is in this advert. and is as pictured. This one was made in ITALY! Its clearly stamped Italy. It depends on how they are stamped. Please click links below..
    Either stamping you will get the same gun internally and externally except. Just one will be stamped differently. One will be made more than likely by an American Citizen. The other a Citizen of Italy. Your choice.

USA

Italy

The question and the link were separate. My mistake. I was asking if the fs meant it was italian, but clearly it is not. I posted the link for the Op. Thanks!

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    So did we decide what FS stands for, how about Fixed Slide?

As for USA vs Italy - I like my Colts made in the USA and a Beretta made in Italy (I am happy to buy it in the USA), maybe I am just funny that way.:dunno:

Top Bottom