• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’m sure you’ve all heard about the spat between Ben Shapiro and Candice Owens over Israel. I haven’t seen anything posted about it, but I often miss things. Just wondering what y’all thought of it. I think both of them are at least a little unhinged, but Shapiro’s main beef seems to be insufficient deference to Israel, and not enough disavowal of Hamas. To me that makes him a bit mire unhinged.

Candice seems to be dancing around not coming off as anti Semitic. I don’t think she has to have exactly the same view as Shapiro, which is what he seems to expect. But it’s reasonable given past statements that she should clarify her view more than she has.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don’t know and I really don’t care.
    Same.

I heard there was a spat, but I dont need anymore drama.
    I know Ben is a smart guy and has great ideas.
    The same with Candace.

Two people are allowed to disagree. I have seen nothing in either of their histories that would indicate either has a problem like antisemitism, hatred towards Israelis, etc.

I think we just have two VERY strong willed, opinionated conservatives that are incapable of letting it go.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don’t follow Candace. At all. I don’t really know any of her positions though from I do know I would likely agree with her on many things.

Ben’s sharp. His grasp of facts and his wit are something that I admire greatly. But he was wrong on Covid vaccines. I did lose considerable respect for him during that and though I still follow his podcasts, twitter, etc., it is with a more skeptical eye than I would have 2-3 years ago.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I don’t follow Candace. At all. I don’t really know any of her positions though from I do know I would likely agree with her on many things.

Ben’s sharp. His grasp of facts and his wit are something that I admire greatly. But he was wrong on Covid vaccines. I did lose considerable respect for him during that and though I still follow his podcasts, twitter, etc., it is with a more skeptical eye than I would have 2-3 years ago.
    Was he wrong on Covid Vaccines? I seem to remember them making a point of not forcing anyone anywhere at all to get them. I think they even sued some government entity so their employee's didn't have to get it. He took the position that he got it for his parents, who didn't get it.

So was he actually wrong about his stance on the covid vaxxes?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Both great people. Candice is a Christian and Ben is not. Candice believes Christ has already came and died on the cross. Ben is an anti-Christ, so these 2 have been bumping heads for awhile. Ben was out of line, Candice stood up for herself after Ben attacked her. Ben is too emotional over what’s going on and it shows. He isn’t interpreting what people are saying and anything Christian instantly gets under his skin. He needs some time away from the social spotlight but seems he would rather have others depart.

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    Zero nuance is needed to be anti-Hamas, but blanket “pro Israel” is more difficult. Everything Hamas does is wrong/evil. Israel is not without sin, but their current mission is just IMO.

It’s clear in my mind, but I’m not a national figure with followers. Yet!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Neither of them are my favorite DW people, so I'm pretty indifferent on this one. Brett and Matt are my wavelength.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    i do Not want to sound harsh here but I most likely will.

I don’t care what either conservative political commentators have to say about the situation I will say I would listen to them for a couple minutes more than Shaq O Neil or Johnston Taylor. Not much more.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Was he wrong on Covid Vaccines? I seem to remember them making a point of not forcing anyone anywhere at all to get them. I think they even sued some government entity so their employee's didn't have to get it. He took the position that he got it for his parents, who didn't get it.

So was he actually wrong about his stance on the covid vaxxes?
    He was wrong. He insisted they worked. That you were an idiot if you didn’t get them. Yeah, he did resist the forcing. But that was too little too late. The damage had already been done. People were getting hurt. Likely few if any were protected much less saved. Who knows how many of them were because of him and people like him using their clout to persuade people to get them.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    I don’t know and I really don’t care.
    That about sums it up for me as well.
    Ditto .............
    The relevance of their opinions rates right up there with quite a few hollywood . athlete and musicians views .
    Their existence is dependent on trying to get a rise out of whomever will listen and react ........
    Candace who ? .........Ben who ?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I’m sure you’ve all heard about the spat between Ben Shapiro and Candice Owens over Israel. I haven’t seen anything posted about it, but I often miss things. Just wondering what y’all thought of it. I think both of them are at least a little unhinged, but Shapiro’s main beef seems to be insufficient deference to Israel, and not enough disavowal of Hamas. To me that makes him a bit mire unhinged.

Candice seems to be dancing around not coming off as anti Semitic. I don’t think she has to have exactly the same view as Shapiro, which is what he seems to expect. But it’s reasonable given past statements that she should clarify her view more than she has.
    I think, in the context of current world events, for her to go with 'no country has the right to commit genocide' can only be seen as a dig at Israel which does not deserve the slander through either word or deed

I think Shapiro is right to be ****ed and has correctly discerned that she wants to be critical of Israel but in such a way as to have plausible deniability. Current events do not bring to mind the Tutsis and Hutus or the Turks and Armenians or Stalin and the Ukrainians or the Germans and the Jews when genocide is mentioned but the ridiculous claim that Israel is committing genocide on the Palestinians. She knew exactly what she was doing and I hope she burns for it. A bridge too far

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think, in the context of current world events, for her to go with 'no country has the right to commit genocide' can only be seen as a dig at Israel which does not deserve the slander through either word or deed

I think Shapiro is right to be ****ed and has correctly discerned that she wants to be critical of Israel but in such a way as to have plausible deniability. Current events do not bring to mind the Tutsis and Hutus or the Turks and Armenians or Stalin and the Ukrainians or the Germans and the Jews when genocide is mentioned but the ridiculous claim that Israel is committing genocide on the Palestinians. She knew exactly what she was doing and I hope she burns for it. A bridge too far
    so your position is that a country has the right to commit genocide.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No, my position is that what she is slyly insinuating is not true

Tell me, what countries are being accused of genocide right now?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    No, my position is that what she is slyly insinuating is not true

Tell me, what countries are being accused of genocide right now?
    Irrelevant.

At least you agree that no country has a right to commit genocide.

Well you didn't exactly say that though.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Irrelevant.

At least you agree that no country has a right to commit genocide.

Well you didn't exactly say that though.
    You seem unable to grasp that Candice is leveraging the same dodge/canard that you are, that her point was only about genocide in the abstract. It seems deliberate rather than rooted in any misunderstanding

Top Bottom