• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    Does anyone have experience, info or comments on this Walther P22 22lr?

walther.jpg

I have no experience with this particular gun so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    While a 22 in a purse is better than a 45 in the dresser drawer, I highly suggest something a little more powerful.

Ruger is making the LCP in raspberry now.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I have a comment...
    Let her get her own hands on it first. She might not find it comfortable...and if that's the case, she'll never enjoy shooting it; so she just won't.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Great little shooter.

I have one and like it. It is better than the Sig Mosquito. The slide is easy to rack and is pretty accurate. It it is for carry, you might also look at the PK380. Although many here will poo poo the .22lr as a carry weapon I would rather be missed by a 50 cal than hit with a .22.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    The P22 is a good pistol. Some can be tempermental until they've run 200-300 rounds. Firing some high-power rounds like 'Stingers' through it can speed the break-in process.

You want to shoot it enough to develop confidence in the firearm.

The comments about trying before you buy is a great one!

The debate about minimum caliber is a long and well-established one.

Good luck! :)

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    Thanks for all the replies so far!:)

Holding a pistol first is definately a good idea, and we always do.

Thanks for the link to the Ruger, we've been looking at smaller frame guns like that. Although I concentrated on the Keltec P32 which is my runner up for the walther.

At this time I am not planning on this being a carry gun for her, more of a home defense gun. And although she has shot my 9's and 45's, she is still alittle intimidated by the kick so that's why I'm looking for 32 and under. I am also thinking the larger frame of the walther would help and fit the hand better also.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    My PK 380 has been an EXCELLENT weapon (our night stand weapon of choice) we have small children and close neighbors so over penetration is a concern, ur wife will love it! Slide is easy to cycle and is butter smooth, very low recoil and some of the pers. def. rds for 380 are very convincing

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    My wife latched onto my PK380 which is larger than the P22 but smaller than my P99. There is very little recoil with the PK380. I paid $350 for mine at Tomlinson's in Busco. I believe it would be a better choice over the P22 if she plans on carrying it for self defense.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    My fiance has a blue one. It goes bang every time you pull the trigger... FINALLY. Like others have said, it took 2-3 hundred rounds to break it in. The first 100 or so were just awful. I was having 2-3 malfunctions per 10 round mag.

Now, after several hundred rounds, several range trips, and many cleanings, it works pretty dang well. It shoots anything I put through it (again, FINALLY). I enjoy shooting it, and it is the only thing she will use.

You will find it pretty difficult to re-assemble your p22 at first. You need to insert a tiny, very unassuming plastic accesory into the recoil spring to get it to re assemble without taking all day. PM me if you end up needing some advice on this process.

I would like to get her to move on to a pk380, but I would still keep the p22 around to plink with. Now that it is broken in, it is fun and inexpensive to shoot.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for all the replies so far!:)

Holding a pistol first is definately a good idea, and we always do.

Thanks for the link to the Ruger, we've been looking at smaller frame guns like that. Although I concentrated on the Keltec P32 which is my runner up for the walther.

At this time I am not planning on this being a carry gun for her, more of a home defense gun. And although she has shot my 9's and 45's, she is still alittle intimidated by the kick so that's why I'm looking for 32 and under. I am also thinking the larger frame of the walther would help and fit the hand better also.

I have both the Walther P22 and a KelTec P32. I love them both and they have been very dependable.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Wife likes hers even though it shoots lowish.

I like it because it tears up the melons:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH8nxHaquHA]YouTube - P22 vs Cantaloupe[/ame]

Seriously, a very fun gun and very easy to rack the slide (helpful for tendinitis sufferers).

Top Bottom