• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If you had to give up one, would it be Beer or Guns?

• Total voters

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I quit drinking on May 22, 2010. In the year leading up to that day I spent over $5,000 on booze. In the years before that is was around $3,000. Now I spend $0 on booze and around $3,000 on guns...my gun budget before I quit drinking was only around $1,000 a year...
    So I'm money ahead, and my collection is growing:D

That's a great accomplishment and in all seriousness I think the money is much better spent, as well as your well-being.

At the end for the money spent on the collection, you'll have something to show.

Keep it up...

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I drink whiskey on the rocks almost every day. Not excessive, I dont get "drunk", but I enjoy a drink. With that said, if I HAD to choose... guns. God I love guns....

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    well i don't drink so that's an easy one. guns you buy once, beer and liquor continue to drain funds. if you reload or find ammo cheap then buying ammo would still be cheaper than alcohol, especially since most working folk don't get to shoot everyday, although some do, so in that you wouldn't buy ammo as much as alcohol, normally.

it can go either way i suppose, depending on an individuals circumstances, but i still will keep my guns.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Beer won't keep my family safe, let me hunt and spend time in the woods with friends and family....Beers gotta go. Not even a tough question. Having said that you got me to thinking. If I quit buying beer and alcohol, how long before I can buy a new gun? :)

Top Bottom