• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Anyone have any experience with this yet?

Brew on Premise; Home Brew Store. Brewing Supplies | Brew-By-U.com

There's a Groupon for a brew session, up to four people for $100. It's a 2.5 hour session where they teach you to brew your own beer, then you pick up 6 cases a few weeks later.

Here's the Groupon: https://www.groupon.com/deals/brew-by-u

I've got a homebrewing kit, but I've never delved into it... I figure this will help me get over the initial apprehension.

Seems like an interesting idea. And $100 for four people isn't bad for a night.

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    Id guess the 6 cases is actually 6 six packs. A normal 5 gallon brew makes about 50 bottles, unless they brew bigger batches.

Edit, 6 cases of 22 ounce bottles, 72 bottles.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I've brewed my own here at home and would deffinitly be in if you need an extra person. My Son in law might be interested too.
    ecspecially if we brew an IPA!

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    Im up for it too. Anyone up for a porter or stout? Dont forget to add in the price of the bottles at 12$ a case plus caps. Growlers are gtg too from the website

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    If your looking for a "how to" a lot of your homebrew stores will have brewing sessions where they teach a class. Sometimes they are free, sometimes not. Sagatuck Brewery in Michigan you can go brew your own beer and then come back to bottle it and take it home.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I am not necessarily soliciting a sale here but I have a ton of bottles I can let go for a rather nice price, much better than the 12-15 per case price. I home brew but I am looking at a move here soon and would rather not move 20+ cases of empty bottles. These are 12oz bottles in either cases or 6 pack holders

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I am not necessarily soliciting a sale here but I have a ton of bottles I can let go for a rather nice price, much better than the 12-15 per case price. I home brew but I am looking at a move here soon and would rather not move 20+ cases of empty bottles. These are 12oz bottles in either cases or 6 pack holders

THIS.

Ask around, a lot of homebrewers have bottles they want to part with.

Heck, anyone in Fort Wayne want any? I don't have any now but I'll be at a contest where I can take all I want.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    if they are bottling maybe they are throwing some corn sugar into the bottle prior to bottling, then storing at room temp to allow a little more fermentation and natural carbonation.

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    Website says it's ready to drink same day as bottling. While you can drink flat beer I wouldn't call that ready to drink. This leads me to believe it's force carbonated .

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Website says it's ready to drink same day as bottling. While you can drink flat beer I wouldn't call that ready to drink. This leads me to believe it's force carbonated .
    That and carboys at reported as good to go. I would think quick carb equipment for beer isn't cheap.

Top Bottom