• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    I rely on an HK 45C with a Viridian Green Laser and Tactical light combo. (3) 10 rd mags. Nearby is my Stoeger 12 Ga coach gun. If i need more than that something really bad has happened!

farmdog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    Same off-duty gun I carry also sits on my dresser at night 6ft from my bed (G19). If I think I need my gun at night, I want to stand up and make a conscious effort to grab it, forcing me to wake up. I've been known to hit my snooze button in the morning without realizing it and I don't want that same fog in my head when I go for a deadly weapon.

2nd the sleep befuddled head.

11.5” AR15 (sba3 brace) with Aimpoint (always left on).

Glock 19 with surefire

Last edited:

Sterndern11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2018
    Zionsville
    My home setup is a two-stage similar to several here. EDC glock 19 in a bedside holster that is mounted for a quick draw in a seated position. Then for a far away bump, or S(really)HTF there is a suppressed 300BO in a concealed - quick access headboard safe.

The G19 is loaded with Hornady 124gr XTP, the 300BO is filled with 110gr Vmax.

The 124gr 9 was chosen as a rounded EDC round, the 110gr Vmax was selected to minimize over penetration and reduce errant round lethal distance. If I miss and starts passing through walls I want a round that fragments and becomes non-lethal quickly. But a 30cal supersonic round that expands is still devastating at close ranges on soft targets. Even if its not as effective as some more solid rounds, its the right compromise for me. The supersonic is loud as hell indoors, even suppressed, but completely not deafening, and I'm not willing to give up the power of going sub-sonic. I'm also looking hard at the lehigh close quarters 78gr bullet, but don't have a lot of faith in their QC.

I'm seeing lots talk about firearm, and very little discussion about ammunition. The ammunition is likely more important than the delivery system.

I also don't see a lot of thought into making bedside systems theft-proof or even theft-deterrent. Most break-ins, statistically, happen when your not home during the middle of the day. Having unlocked firearms at your house is irresponsible. Finding the balance of accessible and secure for your situation takes some creativity, and usually a budget. An EDC that always leaves the house with you is good to go, but a permanent bedside (or in a drawer) gun is an easy target.

But kudos to all the talk about security systems and lights, more useful more often than a firearm! Prevention is much more sound plan than reaction IMHO.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    12 gauge tactical loaded with oo buck 3" by my lazy boy, bed side is desert eagle full size in 40 loaded with hollow points , wife has a judge loaded with home defense , plus multiple home protection throughout house. as to not having kids in the home anymore we keep some items out, when grandkids come over they are put away. plus we always have our carry on us when not sleeping!

Cable

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Regarding hardening home entry points, this is what you want.

Keeps the perps out, allowing more time to be ready.

I have this installed on all entry doors.

https://www.armorconcepts.com/

[video=youtube;p6uphc2ft9A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6uphc2ft9A[/video]

furball3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Got a lockbox on the bedside table(secured in place) with a Sig P229 -40 in it. (unlocked before going to bed) Cant remember the brand of flashing light/laser combo on it. Also have a Mossberg 500 persuader(?) with a light on it by the bed. No kids, no wives to worry about. The Mastiff & Golden are worthless once asleep, the beagle/Lasso Apso is the alarm sounder. Dam dog can hear a mouse snore at 50 yards - in a wood pile, other side of a privacy fence & will sound the alarm. Then the boys will wake up and start barking.

Top Bottom